Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Can pregnancy delay joining central govt job?

03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Can pregnancy delay joining central govt job?
I have been selected as Inspector in Central Excise and Customs. I have to appear for its medical/physical exam within 20 days and joining will be around next month. Will being one month pregnant disqualify or delay my joining?
1. Prior to joining there will be a medical test, will there be any problem if they find out I am one month pregnant?
2. I intend to join as per schedule, work for 6 months and then take maternity leave and CCL. Will I be eligible?
I understand that my probation will increase, just don't want delay in joining.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Can pregnancy delay joining central govt job?
You can't be disqualified but yes joining can be delayed but it is very likely they'll allow you to join. Since it's only 1 month issue, you can easily feign ignorance. Just talk to a Gyno how you can evade pregnancy test. May be by taking something it won't come positive in the urine test.

Once you join you can take ML at any time and CCL in continuation of it. But don't go for CCL. Why sacrifice your career? Indian husbands think of their government employee wife no more than a milking cow. They want all her "free" salary.

So take only ML and then manage your office so that you don't leave impression of a negligent woman by taking too many leaves! Then only Indian women can prove their mettle and compete with male counterparts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Mn369