Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Divorce needed in UK(London) when married in India

17-02-2014, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 12:07 PM by admin.)
Divorce needed in UK(London) when married in India
Hi,

I have been dating this guy I meet during my schooling in the year 2002. We went around for 8-9 years can say we always together and then we got married in the year 2010 when I was 23 years old. My minor days infatuation turned into a serious relationship. My parents were dead against this marriage due to the following reasons,
1) The guy is 10 years 4 months older than me.
2) He walked into my life as a result of breakup from his X Gf who dumped this guy for a US match.
3) This guy is just a diploma holder and does not have a job from 13 years now. He lives at my expenses.
I went against my parents and got register married to him without their knowledge due to the immense pressure being created by the guys family and the guy himself. I had just completed my BTech degree then. I then moved to London to pursue my higher studies. I belong to a middle class family and my parents love me so much that they sold their only property to send me abroad to pursue my higher education.
After a couple of months I got my Husband to join me in London. I would always try finding him a job but it never lasted so he ended up sitting at home even here(London).I really worked hard and made it to a job as I did not have any options, my husband would not feed me. I was the name sake man in the relationship.Back in the day there were situations when he used to character assault me and he told me that I physical relationship with every single person I met(Including my cousins).It din't stop there, it continued in London too. Despite of all the abuses he never forgot to get physical with me at nights. Then this point came where I got pregnant(the 1st time).

At that point I was still a student and did not have a permanent source of income. I had borrowed money from a friend even to pay our rent and bills and having this baby was out of question.I still remained calm and decided to think and then make a decision. Many things happened and there was this point where he kicked me like a football, that was the worst pain in life.I was 2 months pregnant then when he kicked me, the reason was he thought that I was sleeping with the friend I borrowed money from. I then had an abortion, we called the ambulance and I was hospitalized. He went back to India the same day I was in hospital using the little money I had in my card. This happened thrice he would blindly just go to India and I begged him to come back to me as then I really loved him and wanted to save the relationship. This whole procedure costed by 3000£ which is = 3 lakh rupees. There was this stage when he left for the last time and I did not bother and continued living alone in London and pursuing my work. He then pleaded me to get back and being the stupid me, I fall for his talks and go back to him. The same abusing continues periodically.

I even made him promise he will never abuse me in front of his brother but everything in vain. He comes from an uneducated family unlike mine.His sister who is such a pain lives with her mother(along with husband and kid) and has a henpecked husband. As per hindu tradition no girl stays at her mothers place after marriage. His sister is completely insecure of me as I am a modern day girl who works both at office and home unlike her who is half my height, sits at home on her ass and botches about me to her brothers(my husband) and I get to be the brunt of it. I am a MS from London now and still are still the same with me. Just this year I disclosed our marriage to my parents, they were upset but whole heartedly accepted him and got us remarried. My parents treat him like a small kid and request him to start earning now and make a family. I was pregnant again and again I get to hear that the baby belongs to someone else. I work from home and I am with him 24/7 and still I hear to this crap.

There are lots to be said but I am tired of typing, the physical torture and the mental torture.Its time I think I need a divorce. I am in London now and even he is with me. Please let me know as to how can I get a quick divorce and free myself from this pain. I am 27 now and I think its not too late I understand my parents and take care of them for the rest of my life.
Few highlights,
1) I got married to this guy who does not earn a penny but sits at home and abuses me.
2) I often pay my mother in laws medicine and other bills but dont do anything for my own mom
3) I have gifted a lot of foreign stuff to his sister and family but did not get back even a chocolate in return.
I have never had friends in life as I always stayed with him.
I think a women will understand me better. Seeking for advice.

Best Regards
B
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 12:07 PM by admin.)
Divorce advice needed - please help
We are humans and everybody of us err in one way or the other.

You should divorce his ASAP and forget him as a nightmare. Go for abortion if it is safe. The rest you should leave on your parents.

You should check for local laws for divorce in UK. I understand you should be able to get divorce for mutual consent whether in India or UK.
Also in UK it should be quick to get divorce and then register it in India so that you feel relaxed. In your case I understand that UK divorce will be respected in Indian court if it is taken for reasonable reason like not meeting him for 2 years, abuse etc.

Here is one useful thread: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...152AARURU5 for you.

My understanding is that you can apply for divorce in India if you've not met him in the past 1 year.

If you talk to any lawyer in India I suggest you negotiate with him/her a lump-sum amount for desired objective so that lawyer will not like to delay your proceedings further.

With best wishes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply