Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Expert Advice sought - Joining a Govt. job or completing the masters or both!

29-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Expert Advice sought - Joining a Govt. job or completing the masters or both!
I Seek your expert advice on the following issue:-

I got a govt. medical job offer and am pursuing full-time Masters in the same field of study. however, 8 months' masters course is still left.

What can be done as far as joining the govt. job is concerned as I wish to complete the regular course as only 8 months r left n moreover its going to help me in my new job as it would add to my skillset and make me more capable of handling and serving better in the new role and in getting promoted to higher level jobs within the organisation? There is a remote possibility to do the course again ever in future as it is full-time!

what could be done to save both the regular masters course and the govt. job?

Should I request for extension period before joining, during joining or after joining?

Is earned leave or CCL or leave without Pay permissible or not after joining (during the period of probation of 2 years)?

What would be the best course of action:-

1) to leave the full-time masters course in between and join the job; or
2) request for more time for joining (extension of joining period); or
3) joining the job first and discussing the issue with the higher-ups and then choose the best possible course of action as per their suggestion?
4) Any other possibility?!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Expert Advice sought - Joining a Govt. job or completing the masters or both!
What is there in govt job for doctors? In private job no doctor earns less than Rs. 5 lacs/pm.

I suggest you first take permission to join late by 6 months or so. In many cases they allow you to join late.

If you join .. still authorities can allow you to give study leave or leave without pay etc. Only that your probation will extend by that duration.

Otherwise you join and then give sick leave and keep studying. After studies you join. In Govt they can't fire you. Even if they .. it will take some 2 years for absence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply