Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Harassment at corporate hospital

19-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Harassment at corporate hospital
I’m a doctor in a leading corporate hospital in Chennai . I had recently taken a 6 month leave and went on a fellowship to UK. After I left for UK, the behaviour of my HOD changed and he started flooding my WhatsApp with memes and lengthy messages. I replied to them in the initial few days out of decency but soon got tired of it and limited the conversation. He reacted weirdly to it, acting possessive and starting calling me instead frequently. I totally stopped responding to messages and stopped taking calls. He continued sending me messages and emails. Eventually I blocked his mobile numbers, WhatsApp account messenger except the official email as I was officially still working at the same hospital. Over the next five months he continued to email me asking sorry and stuff but I never responded to even a single message. He even came to the Uk and called me from a new mobile number. Now I’m back in India and explained to my hospital administration about his behaviour and requested that I can’t work under him and requested to be given other options. The HOD has political clout and also has a good patient following. The management has clearly told me that I either work under him or resign. I have written an email to the medical director about the need to discuss the inappropriate behaviour of the HOD at the start of these discussions. Other than that I have not filed any official complaint. I would now like to initiate an official complaint with the corporate hospital. I have the transcripts of all messages, call records and emails as proof of his harassment.how do I approach this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply