Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity Benefit

03-07-2012, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 03:18 PM by Sajsun.)
Maternity Benefit
I am working in a private company since 2010 april.I was the first female employee, who availed the Maternity Leave in my company. Before that there was no specific written rules regarding Maternity Leave. Last october applied for ML and i got sanction for 6 months. ( 3 Months with Pay and 3 Months Without Pay.) So i was on ML from November to April. Mean while company leave policy have changed and of course the ML.They added a bond as follows. "The employment should be continued for 2 years after availing the maternity leave. In case the employees leaves earlier, the amount of payment of salary for 90 days will be adjusted in final settlement or the employee will have to reimburse the amount to the company." Is this clause valid for Maternity Benefit Act??

Also I would like to know about the nursing breaks duration that has been mentioned in Maternity Benefict Act. ???

[/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Maternity Benefit
This is clearly violates maternity benefit act. This must be a verbal rule. Companies don't write illegal rules on paper. Do you have it? Send it to me.

When you want to leave your company, talk to labor commissioner's office in your area.
03-07-2012, 05:02 PM
(03-07-2012 04:47 PM)admin Wrote:  This is clearly violates maternity benefit act. This must be a verbal rule. Companies don't write illegal rules on paper. Do you have it? Send it to me.

When you want to leave your company, talk to labor commissioner's office in your area.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Also i would like to know the nursing breaks that i can be availed. Nowadays i am coming 15 minutes ( i should say maximum 15 minutes) late to office. But boss is not happy with that too.. so would like to know the exact duration for which i can ask for nursing breaks.
04-07-2012, 10:29 AM
which state are you in?