Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity Leave Denied in Maharastra govt dept working on contract

20-01-2012, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 07:58 PM by admin.)
Maternity Leave Denied in Maharastra govt dept working on contract
Hi,
I am working as a medical officer in state govt. of maharashtra since 2008 on contractual basis (1 day break) with all the benefits of govt i.e payscale (6cpc) , HRA, TA etc. I delivered a baby in OCt-2011 where in i have applied for maternity leaves , but they are refusing by saying that i am not entitled for the leaves. I have submitted my application
along with all the medical certificates, leave rules etc. After one month (18-Nov-2011) they terminated me. now they transferred me to other place. I want to take 3 months leave again for my health reason. Dept neither giving me pay during leave period nor sanctioning my maternity leaves.Kindly suggest whether i am entitled for leaves, pay for mat. leaves or not?. I feel that my termination & transfer to other place during maternity period is as unlawful, please guide.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2012, 04:03 PM
RE: Maternity Leave
Central Maternity Benefit Act makes no distinction between a permanent or contractual employee. It means you are eligible for it and there is prison term for violators.
Some states can choose to have their own maternity benefit acts but they are usually copy of the central act.
Do you have any clarification why you've been denied maternity leave? Show them the prison term and identify the person responsible for the misinterpretation of the act.
Do you know any advocate etc in your relatives?
27-03-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Maternity Leave
Thanks