Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity Leave at the time of joining at Indian Overseas Bank(IOB)

21-08-2013, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 10:49 AM by admin.)
Maternity Leave at the time of joining at Indian Overseas Bank(IOB)
Dear Admin,

I am 7 months pregnant. I got a job in IOB recently, also the joining date and time are yet to be published by the bank. It may take around 1 month to start training. Will the bank provide Maternity leave for me? Or my candidature will be cancelled due to my Pregnancy?

I have an idea of attending the training session which is 1 week and apply for Maternity leave, is it possible?
Will the Bank accept it?

Waiting for your valuable reply.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Maternity Leave at the time of joining at Indian Overseas Bank(IOB)
Because of your pregnancy you can't be denied job. But did you disclose it? Was there anything in the form about existing pregnancy?

Usually in public sectors, maternity in such circumstances is allowed but you probation should increase by that extent.
29-10-2013, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2013 09:52 AM by admin.)
Hi i want to talk to you as i have the same issue...
26-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi
Can we apply for maternity leave after joining the service? For eg if i get pregnant by the time of date of joining will they allow me to take maternity leave after some 2 or three months of joining the service? Please clarify this