Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity Leave during Process Shutdown

07-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Maternity Leave during Process Shutdown
Hi,

I am working in a private sector. Company announced the process shut down by August last week and issued re-deployment letter by 1st week of September with 2 months notice. There was issue neither with my performance nor with my behavior. Company couldn't redeploy me in any other process as I was 6 month pregnant by October and also the training duration for any new process was around 3 to 4 months because post training I might have to go a maternity leave which will have no effect on the training that they provide

Company has agreed to give me only 3 months paid leaves that is from November 1st to January 31st 2017 however my due date is January 18th 2017. And also I will be removed from the system as they cannot keep me in payroll without salary.

Is the action taken by my company is right?
I had also requested them to put me in any team so that I can do any backend or admin related Job till my delivery however they denied stating they don't want to put me in stress by learning new things. However for me, being in a job is more important as i have other commitments. Hoping for a positive reply

Regards
Usha R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply