Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis

28-05-2012, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 04:54 PM by admin.)
Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis
i was working in govt. college of Maharashtra on contractual basis for 1 year(ended on 30/4/12) as a full time faculty with a fixed salary for per month.i applied for maternity leave on 10/2/12,they grant me leave but denied for any payment for that duration. They said that these benefits are not for contractual teachers ( no work no pay) in Maharashtra. Is it true ?please suggest me ,what i have to do
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis
Do you fall under ESI? If no then you'll get maternity benefit. I can tell you address of labor officers in Maharastra which you can complain.
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 09:39 PM by lakshu.)
(28-05-2012 04:55 PM)admin Wrote:  Do you fall under ESI? If no then you'll get maternity benefit. I can tell you address of labor officers in Maharastra which you can complain.

what is ESI?pls tell me address of labor officer in mumbai.
02-06-2012, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 10:42 PM by admin.)
In Mumbai you can find your office of Labour Commissioner. It is the same office of PF/Gratuity/ESI and labour laws etc. Just locate PF office and inquire there. Let me know also the address of the office. Here is the right office for you
Quote:Government Labour Officers, Bombay .. Greater Bombay ( as appointed by govt of Maharastra)