Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity leave denied when joining KVS as pregnant

23-07-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 11:44 PM by admin.)
Maternity leave denied when joining KVS as pregnant
Dear Sir,

My wife joined KVS on 30th MARCH 2012. She was 12 weeks and 4 days pregnant and the same was declared at the time of joining certified by a Civil Surgeon of A Govt Hospital. She is planning to avail the maternity leave from August and the school says that she is not eligible for maternity leave and this leave will be considered without pay? Also whether this leave would be considered as break of service or not? Can I get more highlight on the same as I am planning to apply RTI and in case need arises will take the same in the judicial court.

Regards,

Prakash
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Maternity leave denied when joining KVS as pregnant
Maternity leave is never considered break in duty. She should be allowed to take. Sorry I don't have KVS maternity rules. Can you please give me the address and concerned department and I myself will send an RTI? So that I can help other KVS people too.
24-07-2012, 12:20 AM
(23-07-2012 11:46 PM)admin Wrote:  Maternity leave is never considered break in duty. She should be allowed to take. Sorry I don't have KVS maternity rules. Can you please give me the address and concerned department and I myself will send an RTI? So that I can help other KVS people too.

Dear Sir,
Please follo the link below. I am also simultaneously applying through RTI tomo. Any update from your end will be highly appreciated. Shri. M Arumugam, Joint commisioner finance. plz visit KV's official website and click on RTI for more details
24-07-2012, 10:29 AM
You missed the link.
24-08-2012, 11:22 PM
I have received the information thru RTI..rule 43 of Sr& Fr part III rule applies which clearly states a female govt servant (including an apprentice) with less than 2 surviving children is eligible to maternity leave by an competent authority for a period of 180 days and she shall be eligible for paid leave salary equal to pay drawn immediately before proceeding on leave. I can provide a scanned image if required..Just FYI and to help people who have been misguided..
 Thanks given by: preoshi
25-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Prakashji, many thanks, please upload the scanned copy of it. I'd be thankful to you.