Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity leave extension provision for Maharastra State govt employee

27-09-2013, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 01:06 PM by admin.)
Maternity leave extension provision for Maharastra State govt employee
Hi,

I am Lecturer in Maharashtra Govt engg college & working since last 9 years. As my pregnancy was complicated, doctor suggested to take complete bed rest for the whole pregnancy period. I applied for Maternity leave (for 6 months) on 01-Apr-2013 when I was 3 months pregnant. I delivered baby on 19-Aug with C-section delivery.
As my maternity leaves are getting over by 30-Sep, I want to extend my maternity leave for another 6 months to take care of my baby.

I have gone through below post on your site (Maternity Leave Rules for Women Government Employees). But could not find much details in the artifacts referenced (Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 & Maternity Benefit Amendment Act, 2008 )

http://www.maternityleaverules.indianwor...-employees

Kindly request you to clarify my below queries:
1. What is the provisoin for the ML extension under Maternity Benefit act?
2. Will the ML extension period be included in service period for increment and pension?
3. Is it required to join the college for 1 day (say on 01-Oct) and then apply for ML extension starting 02-Oct?
4. Can you please help me with the exact clauses mentioned in the act which talks about ML extension or any other relevant provision.

Thanks,
Sharvari
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: Maternity leave extension provision for Maharastra State govt employee
State rules are usually copy paste of Central government rules. As per Central rules a mother can extend her leave till 2 years using any leave when taken in continuation WITHOUT any medical certificate and which may not be denied.

You must not join office even for single day. You should apply CCL.

ML is counted for increment and pension including any valid leaves in which salary is paid to you.
 Thanks given by: sharvari
01-10-2013, 01:07 AM
As per my understanding, Maharahstra state govt employee does not have CCL. Thats the reason, I want to know more about ML extension.
Is there any clause for ML extension in the Maternity benefit act or its amendments?
01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I repeat Maternity Benefit Act is only for private people. Government departments are free to make their own laws but they are mostly copy of Central CCS rules. So you should be able to take it in continuation of ML.

Otherwise give me address of your head office, let me sent a RTI and let you know when I get the reply.