Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity leave for contract employee

24-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Maternity leave for contract employee
Deasr Sir,

I am a gynaecologist workin as Senior Resident with the ESI hospital on a 3 year contract which is renewable every year. Am I eligible for the maternity leave? I have been told by the medical supritendent that I am not eligible for the leave, whereas the deputy supritendent has approved my maternity leave application earlier. I am in my ninth moth and was due to go on leave from 27/08/2012.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2012, 12:03 AM
RE: Maternity leave for contract employee
You are eligible for maternity leave with pay as per rule 43 Sr& Fr part III. apply an Rti application, you will get the right info
25-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Vishi! are you covered under ESI? If not then you must be covered by maternity benefit act of the your state government which almost same as that of central govt.
By the way where are you located?
25-08-2012, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2012 03:33 PM by vishe12345.)
(25-08-2012 12:03 AM)prakash2710@gmail.com Wrote:  You are eligible for maternity leave with pay as per rule 43 Sr& Fr part III. apply an Rti application, you will get the right info

Thanks Prakash for the reply.

Can you please tell me where to file the RTI application. Is it with some government agency or with my workplace?

Thanks,
Vishe
(25-08-2012 01:18 AM)admin Wrote:  Vishi! are you covered under ESI? If not then you must be covered by maternity benefit act of the your state government which almost same as that of central govt.
By the way where are you located?

HI Admin,
Thanks for the reply.

I am not covered under ESI act.
Also, ESI is a central government hospital. IN that case, shalln't it be covered under Central governement?
I am based out of J&K.

_Vishe
25-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Ok then you will be covered under maternity rules. You need to get maternity rules from your ESI hospital.
If you're on contract then J&K state rules should apply.
Needless to say, you'll be definitely covered since maternity act even for J&K even though you're on contract.
I suggest you talk to labour commissioner in your area. To locate him visit the PF dept. near to you.
26-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Hi Vishe,

Plz apply an RTI as above and you would get the right information.
The Central Public Information officer (CPIO) under the RTI Act 2005 for this Office

Shri V.M Kalia,
Assistant Director(Admin)
11-A Ext. Shastri Nagar
Jammu-180014
Phone: 0191-2459682

The Appellate Authority under the RTI Act 2005 for this office:

Mr. A.K.VERMA,
Regional Drector
11-A Ext. Shastri Nagar
Jammu-180014
Phone: 0191-2459568

Any information pertaining to this office under the RTI Act 2005 can be obtained by submitting a written application along with fee of Rs.10/- to the CPIO during working hours, or by post ot through web site.

Fee of Rs. 10/- can to be paid in cash or through Demond Draft or through Bankers Cheque in favor of ESI Fund Account No.1 payable at Jammu.

Regards,

Prakash
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
vishe12345 did you finally avail maternity leave?