Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Need help

30-06-2011, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2011 09:20 AM by vani.)
Need help
One my friend's boss is abusive at her. Is it a case of sexual harassment? What she can do to prevent him from this abuse.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 10:36 AM by admin.)
RE: Need help
Can you please tell first if her boss talks similarly to your male colleagues too. Unless she is being targeted just because she is a woman, there isn't much she can do beyond complaining in her office which we understand is quite difficult to do in India.
Checkout the sexual harassment guidelines of our Supreme Court of India
12-06-2014, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 07:52 PM by ranjan82.)
RE: Need help
slap that bastard and inform police
i am sorry about my first post i just lost my temper here is the things your friend must always kept in mind
Tips
No matter how angry you become, never say anything that could be construed as a threat. You may find yourself being interviewed by company security or a police officer.
Document everything, because that's what they'll be doing.
Make sure you have a back up plan - know what you will do, if you have to tell them that you are quitting.
Remember you're a man/woman first and if the abuse continues it's time to start looking for another job.
Try to see if there is any chance of a transfer to another department. If you are a good employee, most businesses would rather you did this than had to leave the company due to a clash of personalities with your present manager.
If you are discriminated against, and in a protected demographic group, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission may help you.
Keep your personal life private--do not discuss what you do outside of work, especially another job.
Some bosses think that just because you work for them they can talk to you any kind of way especially if you don't produce well for them. The first time this happens let them know in a kind way that you made a mistake and you would appreciate that if you don't talk to me in a disrespectful way.
Don't confide in co-workers, no matter how sympathetic they seem. They may pass along your comments to the boss.