Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Office timing for ladies due to late staying

23-05-2013, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 12:44 PM by admin.)
Information Office timing for ladies due to late staying
Hi,
I am working in an MNC, and I am forced to work after the working timings which is 8.30 to 5.30. I find it very difficult to stay there after 6 pm as I am the only lady staying there in my team, so I want to know if there is any law for working women office timing. Can anyone help me regarding this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Office timing for ladies due to late staying
Which state are you in?
25-07-2013, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 10:00 AM by admin.)
i am also working women and I am working in a bank I have same problem. I am from Gujarat . I want to know is there any rule for ladies for late staying ? my manager forced me to stay late as I am working in rural bank. I heard that in Gujarat there is rule for women for working . please if any rule give me that gr so that I can solve my problem .
25-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Working timings are covered under Factories act or Shop/Establishment Acts. Most of states have modified versions of the central acts.

Factories Act 1948 does not allow women to work beyond 7pm. Women employees can't work between 8 pm to 6 am in many states. For example this Delhi Shop & Establishment act says women may not work between 8pm to 8 am during winter. So check your state's Factories plus Shop & Establishment act.

Secondly in latest sexual harassment at work place bill only this is mentioned:

Quote:CHAPTER VI
DUTIES OF EMPLOYER
19. Every employer shall—
(a) provide a safe working environment at the workplace which shall include
safety from the persons coming into contact at the workplace;
27-11-2014, 12:23 PM
is there any rules of some particular country to girls for working times or any safety rules or can we case the company for any timing issues????