Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Public Ltd co. not extending leave after availing ML

28-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Public Ltd co. not extending leave after availing ML
I am working with Public Ltd.co.from last 3yrs & was on payroll from Apr12. I was on maternity leave from 26th nov 13 to 23rd feb 14 (90days) as per co's rule I have to resume duty on 24th feb. Therefore I resumed office for 1day & apply for further 3mnths leave extension. But now they are not ready to give me extension for another 3mnths & sanctioned leave only upto 18th march 14. My new born baby is just 2&half mnths till 18th march & my baby sitter will take care only after baby will complete 4mnths. I request my seniors but they are not ready at all, so now what can I do if I want to take another 2mnths leave. I am having 50PL balance and also ready for LWP. Shall I apply leave for medically unfit as I had an C-Section, if yes then when can I apply either on or before 18th march 14 as they extended leave only upto 18th march.
I need help what can I do as I don't want to resign and worry about what will they take action if I have not join from 19th March 14.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Public Ltd co. not extending leave after availing ML
As per MB act there is another 1 month fully sick leave is there beyond 12 weeks.

Sick leave does not need permission and you can apply at any desired time. Don't think of resigning. Bringing children .. is a tiring task. Soon time will pass by. But don't think of leaving job. Be patient -- it'll be OK.

Go to any government doctor and take sick leave as long as you want.

Pressure you husband to take leave and help you.
 Thanks given by: sangita_sawant
01-03-2014, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 09:09 AM by admin.)
Hi, Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I feel now very relax that I can apply for seek leave.
One thing I want to confirm shall I take seek leave from the day when I should have to resume office I.e.19th march 14.
I heard that if I joined office for even 1 day after maternity leave gets over, I'll not be eligible for taking sick leave as I resumed on 24th Feb 14 for 1 day.
Please confirm.
01-03-2014, 09:12 AM
ML benefit ceased to apply when you joined office. But sick leave may be applied at any time and can be clubbed with any other leave.

I suggest you be little serious with you work also. Pressure your husband to take some leaves when needed. In India husbands treat govt employee wife as milk cow.

I suggest you also show your dedication to your office and not to devote everything for your "family".
 Thanks given by: sangita_sawant