Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Reg Child Care Leave in BSNL

06-03-2013, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 03:13 PM by admin.)
Reg Child Care Leave in BSNL
I am working in BSNL from Jun 2010. I got married in DEC 2011 and took leave from then till Jan 2013. I applied for NOC and then went to Saudi where my husband is working and stayed there for 3 months and returned India.
It was of 2 months EL and HPL and 6 months EOL and 6 months Maternity Leave.
Now I resumed duty on Feb 2013. My baby is just five months old and I asked my DE for 3 months child care leave. But she refused to grant me saying that there is no child care leave in BSNL and already I have took 6 months EOL so no more EOL. Also they are saying that I wont get NOC again because already I took NOC and went abroad and took 1 year leave.

Kindly advice me what to do..
My baby is going sick frequently and we started giving her cerelac and bottle feeding. I am feeling guilty because I am not able to mother's fed her atleast for 6 months.
Please guide me
I even think of resigning my job to take care of my baby.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: Reg Child Care Leave in BSNL
Child care is part of 6 th pay commission which covers central and most of state governments. BSNL may not have child care leave since it is PSU.

Do you know this rule?:
Quote:Nursing breaks.—Every woman delivered of a child who returns to duty after
such delivery shall, in addition to the interval for rest allowed to her, be
allowed in the course of her daily work two breaks of the prescribed duration
for nursing the child until the child attains the age of fifteen months.

Secondly you must avoid Cerelac since it is mostly sugary and unhealthy diet for a baby. You should provide always home prepared food.

Is there any difficulty in breastfeeding?

You must boil bottle and it's nipple, cover etc to avoid stomach illness in your baby.

I suggest you buy a good breast pump which you can use once every 2-3 hours and then feed the baby. Medela(Swiss one) I've used which costed me Rs. 6000 in 2004. That'd keep milk supply in your breast otherwise it'll dry up.

I do think you've used enough of your leaves and should be serious for your job right now and thank BSNL to have provided those leaves.
 Thanks given by: ivak5
06-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks a lot for your response..
Yeah I go home in the afternoon at 1:00 and return back at 3:00 and then will leave office at 5:30..
this is how I am managing right now.
If not cerelac shall I try homemade roasted gram porridge.
Yeah I do sterilize the bottles each time I use it.

sometimes I think whether job is too important than my baby and couldn't console myself with any reason..
I dont know how people are managing to work and take care of their baby..
I want my baby to grow up healthy and happy too..
Can you please give me some suggestions with your experience..
26-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Hello
i am also working in BSNL as tta. my husband have gone to usa for 1 yr and i am applying for 1 yr eol but office people are not sanctioning it
can u pls guide me how can i take leaves to go usa for 1 yr. this is urgent pls reply
22-03-2017, 12:20 PM
I working in jk govt department.i am in probation and i want to take 3 months child care leave but my officer refuse says that i am not avail for child care leave please help me.