Poll: Should i go for a divorce?
This poll is closed.
Yes 0% 0 0%
No 0% 0 0%
Total 0 votes 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Should I get a divorce? Or should I still try?

12-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Should I get a divorce? Or should I still try?
My husband records conversations that I do with my family (mom, dad and sister), and also conversations between anyone from my family who visits. He is 32 but is still a total mumma's boy, and never listens to me. Instead, if the same thing is said by his mom, he agrees instantly and blindly.

I have just had a baby 5 months back. But after the baby things have worsened between us. (there were disputes even before this).His parents do not work at all and are very insecure about their future. My mother in law tries to keep him on her side, so that he never leaves them. I am not against helping them. But my mom-in-law just makes things to look like I am at fault, and that my family is not good. She also tries to get jewellery and money from my family, not saying dowry, but as dowry. (Because even if she says that i am borrowing this money and will return it, she never does. And my parents don't want to ask for the money, so i will be happy.)

I just want my husband to stop getting blindsided and look what the reality is.(He is an educated man, but in front of his mom, he just forgets everything sensible.) And start trusting me, and stop recording conversations. Is there any law against recording these kind of conversations? or getting my Mom-in-law or husband to start respecting me in some way.

I am totally depressed by this situation, and cannot be myself at my own home. Is divorce an option?

I ,most of the time, feel that even if i try more, this will result in divorce after 2-3 years, and when my child will start understanding things..is it better to get a divorce now? or should i try and be in this marriage no matter what?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: Should I get a divorce? Or should I still try?
You should force your husband to move with you to another house or city.

Just tell your family .. you'll commit suicide along with your child if he does not move with you(just threaten her). Tell this to all your husband's relatives

I see it is mainly caused by your mother-in-law. She will not last forever.

Separating will affect life of your child so you shouldn't.

Dowry law can also be used to bring you husband and mother-in-law into submission moreover you indeed have been paying it all along.

In the worst case, use Dowry law and negotiate heavy settlement. It won't cost you anything.

But don't think of divorce just yet.

I think there is good chance your marriage life will be good enough if you take out your MIL.
14-05-2014, 02:21 PM
We already live separately with my in-laws. But she influences my husband over phone. But yea..she is thinking of moving with us.(Insecure bitch.) I cannot threaten over suicide, it will be better to threaten over divorce may be. But if he says yes, my marriage is over.
31-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Don't ever talk about Divorce. Yes he may say yes.