Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Whether I need to pay income tax in my salary?

18-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Whether I need to pay income tax in my salary?
My salary is coming to be 2 lacs will I need to pay any income tax on it?
What are the tax limits for women in this year?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: Whether I need to pay income tax in my salary?
You fall into this revised slab for year 2011-12 : 1,90,001 to 5,00,000 with 10% tax. So your tax will be around Rs. 1000 in this year.
31-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello

i would like to have some clarity on the below queries as i joined my organization back on 1st march 2012 after a long maternity leave of 5 months covering 3 months of paid and 2 months of unpaid leave from 27th September 2011 to 29th Feb 2012:-

-do i get a tax exemption for the salary i receive during my maternity leave?
-if i make an investment on 31st march itself and want to get tax benefit, will i get it and secondly can i make my employer to except the same and repay back my TDS (Rs.4881) and income tax (Rs. 4404) which is been deducted from my march month salary, as i was not informed prior about the deduction (note my salary for last year computes too 3.71 lakhs)

please help me on this asap.

regards
31-03-2012, 10:56 PM
  • There is no tax exemption on salary during maternity leave
  • 31st March is the last date for savings. It means if you do any further savings then you can claim for refund from IT Dept. You employer is not liable to refund you the TDS since they'd have already deposited your TDS in IT accounts. When you file IT, claim refund there. You'll get refund with 8% interest on the refunds. I do this every year as I've a LIC policy whose premium I pay in March and my company's last day of showing savings is January.