Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Whether I should delay joining due to my upcoming marriage

05-10-2012, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 01:23 PM by admin.)
Whether I should delay joining due to my upcoming marriage
Hi,
I am new to this forum so pardon me if I my post is irrelevant to the thread Blush..I guess it will take sometime before I get hang of things.
Well I have a long query. I just finished my post graduation and I was selected for one of the PSUs, which I am very keen to join. Due to some official reasons the joining was delayed by a few months time. Now, I received an intimation from the organization saying that we need to join in a month's time. Under normal circumstances I would have felt elated by this news but the problem is that I am getting married 45 days from now. So I am really worried whether I will get 1 month or at least 3 weeks' leave for my wedding just 15 days from the date of joining. What can be and should be done in these circumstances? I do not want to leave the job but I can not change the marriage date as well.Huh

Please give me suggestions . And reply ASAP...

thanksExclamation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: This forum is empty
In PSU's it is easy to get leaves and leaves for marriages are always given.
You should not delay 2 months after all you need some 2 weeks leave for marriage. Even if you'd like to delay your joining it'll be odd asking for more than 2 weeks after marriage( total at least 2 months from now). But it'd not be odd if you ask for 3-4 weeks of leave after joining. In normal circumstances you'll get it.

So better join now and immediately let them know of your upcoming marriage.

Also I don't think they will agree if you ask for more than 2 months of delay in joining. Moreover your marriage is 45 days from now isn't your mistake - after all your joining has been delayed by several months.

After joining go and meet your reporting officer in his/her home along with your father requesting for desired days of leave for you.
 Thanks given by: bhukhanna
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 02:44 PM by admin.)
RE: This forum is empty
Thanks soooo much for such a prompt reply. You don't know how relieved I am after reading your post. I really appreciate your help and thumbs up for this forum..Heart
17-12-2012, 04:08 PM
RE: Whether I should delay joining due to my upcoming marriage
I must say for your marriage it is necessary to take leaves..For your husband or for your child you should take leaves..Even your husband does so..You wouldnt be getting married next time..So every body should take sufficient leaves for marriage even if you are on without pay for that time period..