Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

can i start maternity leave 1 week after the delivery?

18-05-2012, 03:06 PM
can i start maternity leave 1 week after the delivery?
Hi,
i working as an assitant professor and therefore will get summer vacations.i want to know that in case my vacations end on date 2-7-12 and my baby is born on 28-6 -12 , can i apply for mat leave in continuation to myvacation i.e. 3-7-12 onwards so that my vacation doesnt get wasted
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2012, 03:45 PM
RE: can i start maternity leave 1 week after the delivery?
Where are you employed? Central govt or private etc?
19-05-2012, 12:01 PM
(18-05-2012 03:45 PM)admin Wrote:  Where are you employed? Central govt or private etc?

HI. i m working with delhi govt on contract basis which gives me maternity benefit as per mat benefit act 1961
19-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Maternity leave should start from the date of delivery(or before), but we've seen govt departments allowing start of maternity leave even after some days of date of delivery. This point does not seem to be covered in Maternity Benefit Act. I suggest you apply maternity leave from 3-7-12 which is normally accepted.
21-05-2012, 09:03 PM
(19-05-2012 12:53 PM)admin Wrote:  Maternity leave should start from the date of delivery(or before), but we've seen govt departments allowing start of maternity leave even after some days of date of delivery. This point does not seem to be covered in Maternity Benefit Act. I suggest you apply maternity leave from 3-7-12 which is normally accepted.

thank u so much
23-09-2014, 08:28 PM
The rules are saying that no you can't do it. The papers do not change the delivery date. So it do not fits the rule.