Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

confirmation of probation after maternity and child care leave

30-10-2012, 08:22 PM
confirmation of probation after maternity and child care leave
Sir,
My wife is working with central government, joined in December 2009. She completed only one year and 2 months of probation (among 2 yrs) and then forced to take unpaid leave for 5 months as she was carrying by that time and was advised bed rest. Later she took 6 months maternity leave and 6 months child care leave. Now she has joined duty on July 2012.
1.My question is whether maternity and child care leave will be considered as service, for ‘probation’ to complete. If not, when will she get confirmed (grateful if u gives the date).
2.i have heard that maternity leave will be considered as 'service' for promotion. if that is the case, what will be the effect of maternity leave on her service and promotion.
3.whether CCL is also considered as service for promotion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 08:51 PM
RE: confirmation of probation after maternity and child care leave
Probation will not ( and should not) include ML, CCL or any leaves. Otherwise a one can finish her probation on leaves only( without learning anything!)
31-10-2012, 10:12 PM
(30-10-2012 08:51 PM)admin Wrote:  Probation will not ( and should not) include ML, CCL or any leaves. Otherwise a one can finish her probation on leaves only( without learning anything!)

thanks, but what about service and seniority? pls help...
31-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Theoretically CCL and ML are to be counted as service period but in reality those who take do suffer in their career in terms of promotion.