Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

maternity leave benefits for senior residents in RML Hospital

28-06-2013, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2013 01:07 PM by admin.)
maternity leave benefits for senior residents in RML Hospital
hi,
i am currently working as a senior resident in a central government institute (RML Hospital), since December 2010. Now I am pregnant at 14 wks. My tenure is at the hospital is going to end in the 1st wk of December 2013, and my expected date of delivery is in last wk of December 2013. The problem is that i am having some medical issues with my pregnancy for which a rest is required. i have already availed 30 days of medical leave in my 1st trimester (which was in accordance to the maternity benefit act, in which it is stated that one avail medical leave of 30 days in addition to the maternity leave of 180 days due some problems in pregnancy). Now as I have no more leaves left with me, I want to avail maternity leave for the rest of my pregnancy. The questions i want to ask are:
1) When at earliest I can avail maternity leave?
2) As my tenure is getting over before my expected date of delivery, so what should be done in that case?, as somebody in my colleagues has told me that the delivery of the child has to there within your tenure to avail maternity benefits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: maternity leave benefits for senior residents in RML Hospital
Maternity benefit act does not apply to government organizations like yours.
29-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Moreover you can start your ML even before delivery. This case start before 45 days. I suggest you give strong reason that yours is an exceptional case and complete bed rest is advised and try to start before 4-5 months of the due date. Also tell them wrong (early) delivery date so that you can start ML. In this forum I've several posts from senior residents whose ML request was I think denied.
29-06-2013, 03:10 PM
(29-06-2013 01:09 PM)admin Wrote:  Maternity benefit act does not apply to government organizations like yours.

i am sure about that all maternity benefits rules are applied to my hospital
29-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I mean Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 is only for the private sector. Government bodies have better facilities than this 1961 rule as per their rule which is always almost same as that of maternity benefit rule in central government organizations.