Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

relocation post marraige

07-09-2012, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:46 PM by admin.)
Rainbow relocation post marraige
I have been working in my company for the past 1 years and 4 months I got married in march 2012 post which I requested them for a relocation to Bangalore as my in-laws are based out of Bangalore moreover my father in law is almost paralyzed and cannot walk and my mother in law is suffering from hepatitis C. I requested my HR and the manager to relocate me to Bangalore where they have two different working locations but I was denied relocation moreover for putting forth the request I was sent on bench saying that there is no more billing. Hence Chennai being my base location I will have to stay in Chennai and cannot be relocated moreover being on bench my work everyday is so simply go to office twice( once for logging in and once for logging out) no projects but i will be getting my salary. In the mean time I was traveling every weekend to Bangalore and also in between taking leaves. But still I have not been relocated.

I also asked them to keep me without pay till November when i shall finish my 18 months probation period as they had told me that a request can be raised after completion of 18 months in the company. But now they say that since i am on bench ( bench to bench transfer isn't possible) so they have decided not to relocate me. I don't know how to handle this and if I plan to quit the job they say that I will have to pay a sum of 1 lakh rupees as a bond amount if i need my experience letter. I don't know how I would manage this amount. I am in a fix please help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: relocation post marraige
It'll be foolish and unprofessional for your HR to move to Bench just for asking for relocation. I think your request has simply coincided with your moving to Bench.
I think your HR is taking steps in right direction and you need to have little patience. In this period keep updating your résumé and skills and also try to attend companies in Bangalore for interview.

The 1 Lac bond is also justified as all good companies have it. It also means that in case of your layoff you'll also be compensated in the same way by getting the notice period amount. You can give them the notice of resignation before 2-3 months of the actual date so that you need not pay the bond amount. BTW what is the bond period?

Also rest assured that you're not being penalized just for asking for relocation!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply