Indian Working Women Forum
Office timing for ladies due to late staying - Printable Version

+- Indian Working Women Forum (http://forum.indianworkingwoman.org)
+-- Forum: Working Woman General Issues (/Forum-Working-Woman-General-Issues)
+--- Forum: Helpline (/Forum-Helpline)
+--- Thread: Office timing for ladies due to late staying (/Thread-Office-timing-for-ladies-due-to-late-staying)

Office timing for ladies due to late staying - myrights - 23-05-2013 12:27 PM

Hi,
I am working in an MNC, and I am forced to work after the working timings which is 8.30 to 5.30. I find it very difficult to stay there after 6 pm as I am the only lady staying there in my team, so I want to know if there is any law for working women office timing. Can anyone help me regarding this issue.

RE: Office timing for ladies due to late staying - admin - 23-05-2013 12:45 PM

Which state are you in?

RE: Office timing for ladies due to late staying - poojab10 - 25-07-2013 12:31 AM

i am also working women and I am working in a bank I have same problem. I am from Gujarat . I want to know is there any rule for ladies for late staying ? my manager forced me to stay late as I am working in rural bank. I heard that in Gujarat there is rule for women for working . please if any rule give me that gr so that I can solve my problem .

RE: Office timing for ladies due to late staying - admin - 25-07-2013 10:45 AM

Working timings are covered under Factories act or Shop/Establishment Acts. Most of states have modified versions of the central acts.

Factories Act 1948 does not allow women to work beyond 7pm. Women employees can't work between 8 pm to 6 am in many states. For example this Delhi Shop & Establishment act says women may not work between 8pm to 8 am during winter. So check your state's Factories plus Shop & Establishment act.

Secondly in latest sexual harassment at work place bill only this is mentioned:

Quote:CHAPTER VI
DUTIES OF EMPLOYER
19. Every employer shall—
(a) provide a safe working environment at the workplace which shall include
safety from the persons coming into contact at the workplace;

RE: Office timing for ladies due to late staying - mailmeatkunder@gmail.com - 27-11-2014 12:23 PM

is there any rules of some particular country to girls for working times or any safety rules or can we case the company for any timing issues????