Indian Working Women Forum
Joining a new job during maternity leave period of another job - Printable Version

+- Indian Working Women Forum (http://forum.indianworkingwoman.org)
+-- Forum: Working Woman General Issues (/Forum-Working-Woman-General-Issues)
+--- Forum: All Leave Related Issues (/Forum-All-Leave-Related-Issues)
+--- Thread: Joining a new job during maternity leave period of another job (/Thread-Joining-a-new-job-during-maternity-leave-period-of-another-job)

Joining a new job during maternity leave period of another job - Dipanjali Sahu - 08-11-2014 05:51 PM

Namaskar.
I was working as WEO(Welfare Extension Officer) in a block.
After 1 year and 7 months working as WEO I went on maternity leave from dt.17.01.2014 to dt.15.07.2014.I was blessed with a child on dt.22.01.2014.During availing of my maternity leave I got another job( junior clerk) and joined in the new job on 17.02.2014 after resigning from old job on 15.02.2014. I applied maternity leave again on dt18.02.2014 to 15.07.2014 in the new job.. My old job was a regular state govt job and new one is also a regular state govt. job of odisha state.
My question is am I eligible to get maternity leave benifit in the new job? Ll I get my full salary during this maternity leave period?
and if there is any GO's please send me.......

RE: Joining a new job during maternity leave period of another job - admin - 19-11-2014 12:42 PM

ML leave usually means delivering a child also. Since child has already been delivered during last job then ML should not apply now nor should they give.