Indian Working Women Forum
eligibility of maternity leave benefits during probation in Gujarat University - Printable Version

+- Indian Working Women Forum (http://forum.indianworkingwoman.org)
+-- Forum: Working Woman General Issues (/Forum-Working-Woman-General-Issues)
+--- Forum: All Leave Related Issues (/Forum-All-Leave-Related-Issues)
+---- Forum: Others(Private/PSU & State) Employees (/Forum-Others-Private-PSU-State-Employees)
+----- Forum: Maternity Leaves(ML) (/Forum-Maternity-Leaves-ML--133)
+----- Thread: eligibility of maternity leave benefits during probation in Gujarat University (/Thread-eligibility-of-maternity-leave-benefits-during-probation-in-Gujarat-University)

eligibility of maternity leave benefits during probation in Gujarat University - rohini - 23-04-2012 12:34 AM

Hi

i am working as an assistant professor in an private college affiliated to Gujarat university.I joined the college initially on one year contractual basis and thereafter i am working on probation for last eleven months.i.e i am on the payroll of the college for the last one year and eleven months

I am seven months pregnant now. I will be taking maternity leave form june. I am getting salary as per sixth pay. UGC norms are applicable to us. I wanted to know whether i am eligible for getting full pay maternity leave and how much.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

RE: eligibility of maternity leave benefits during probation - admin - 23-04-2012 10:08 AM

Whose employee are you? State or Central govt?

RE: eligibility of maternity leave benefits during probation - rohini - 01-05-2012 10:10 AM

its a private college affiliated to gujarat university.... well i think its uder state government.

RE: eligibility of maternity leave benefits during probation in Gujarat University - admin - 01-05-2012 11:02 AM

You should be getting at least 12 weeks of paid salary. Even if this act has been passed in Gujarat they don't go below the central maternity benefit act.