Indian Working Women Forum
Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis - Printable Version

+- Indian Working Women Forum (http://forum.indianworkingwoman.org)
+-- Forum: Working Woman General Issues (/Forum-Working-Woman-General-Issues)
+--- Forum: All Leave Related Issues (/Forum-All-Leave-Related-Issues)
+---- Forum: Others(Private/PSU & State) Employees (/Forum-Others-Private-PSU-State-Employees)
+----- Forum: Maternity Leaves(ML) (/Forum-Maternity-Leaves-ML--133)
+----- Thread: Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis (/Thread-Maternity-benefit-denied-in-govt-college-Maharastra-on-Contractual-basis)

Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis - lakshu - 28-05-2012 03:36 PM

i was working in govt. college of Maharashtra on contractual basis for 1 year(ended on 30/4/12) as a full time faculty with a fixed salary for per month.i applied for maternity leave on 10/2/12,they grant me leave but denied for any payment for that duration. They said that these benefits are not for contractual teachers ( no work no pay) in Maharashtra. Is it true ?please suggest me ,what i have to do

RE: Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis - admin - 28-05-2012 04:55 PM

Do you fall under ESI? If no then you'll get maternity benefit. I can tell you address of labor officers in Maharastra which you can complain.

RE: Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis - lakshu - 02-06-2012 09:38 PM

(28-05-2012 04:55 PM)admin Wrote:  Do you fall under ESI? If no then you'll get maternity benefit. I can tell you address of labor officers in Maharastra which you can complain.

what is ESI?pls tell me address of labor officer in mumbai.

RE: Maternity benefit denied in govt college, Maharastra on Contractual basis - admin - 02-06-2012 10:42 PM

In Mumbai you can find your office of Labour Commissioner. It is the same office of PF/Gratuity/ESI and labour laws etc. Just locate PF office and inquire there. Let me know also the address of the office. Here is the right office for you
Quote:Government Labour Officers, Bombay .. Greater Bombay ( as appointed by govt of Maharastra)