Indian Working Women Forum
maternity leave in kerala PSU's - Printable Version

+- Indian Working Women Forum (http://forum.indianworkingwoman.org)
+-- Forum: Working Woman General Issues (/Forum-Working-Woman-General-Issues)
+--- Forum: All Leave Related Issues (/Forum-All-Leave-Related-Issues)
+---- Forum: Others(Private/PSU & State) Employees (/Forum-Others-Private-PSU-State-Employees)
+----- Forum: Maternity Leaves(ML) (/Forum-Maternity-Leaves-ML--133)
+----- Thread: maternity leave in kerala PSU's (/Thread-maternity-leave-in-kerala-PSU-s)

Pages: 1 2

maternity leave in kerala PSU's - jiljilg - 08-12-2012 08:21 PM

Sir,
I am working in a Kerala Public Sector Undertaking company as senior engineer for the last 4.5 years on CONTRACT basis. Now I am 6months pregnant and the officials in my company telling that I can only avail 84 days maternity leave since we are following maternity benefit act 1961.

I am getting a consolidated amount which will not have any other benefits no PF,no Earned leave etc. Permanent employees in our company is having so many leave like earned leave, hospitalization etc. I am out of ESI benefits also. Is there any chance for me to get 180days ML or atleast 84+30 days leave?

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - admin - 09-12-2012 05:33 PM

Officials in your company are right. As per maternity benefit act you can take another 1 month leave in continuation (beyond 84 days) with salary but you will need to give sickness certificate related to maternity or pregnancy side affects from a doctor.

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - jiljilg - 09-12-2012 07:14 PM

Thanks for the reply. May I know in which section additional 30 days leave mentioned in the act? I want to show it to the officials. Other wise they wl not convince.

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - admin - 09-12-2012 07:36 PM

Page 11 point 10(in the bottom) of : maternity benefit act.

But don't show your office right now else it'll show your mala-fide intention to take additional leave since you don't know if you'll be sick at that time. But do take it and any doctor will be happy to give.

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - jiljilg - 09-12-2012 08:44 PM

ok sir. If they will not sanction the leave after 84 days means what i will do?Is there any legal support for that?Do I have any other formats to apply for that 30 days leave?

Sir one more thing also. Should I get 1000 rupees of Bonus?

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - jiljilg - 10-12-2012 12:32 AM

sir will u provide the link to access the act?

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - admin - 10-12-2012 07:01 PM

Looks like your office people are well informed and moreover it's clearly in the act. Since it is unforeseen leave - don't worry - you should be able to get salary for extra month. Let us not think of legal support. But you can go to the admin people and clarify 1 month sick leave point now.

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - jiljilg - 11-12-2012 02:40 PM

sir what is the existing amount of medical bonus? as per the amendment of 2007 it is 1000 rupees. any other further amendment issued??

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - admin - 11-12-2012 03:10 PM

No idea. After you get it, if you can update it here I'll be thankful to you.

RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's - jiljilg - 12-12-2012 06:53 PM

As per the latest amendment in 2011 December 19 the medical allowance is Rs 3500/-