Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Do IT company need to have a women committe against sexual harassment?

09-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Do IT company need to have a women committe against sexual harassment?
I'm in B'lore working in small IT company. I've been having some issues in my company with a male collegue for past one year.
I just want this information when my company is required to have a women committee for sexual harassment as per law.

Thanks for answer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2011, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 10:33 AM by admin.)
RE: Do IT company need to have a women committe against sexual harassment?
As of now there is no such law for the requirement of women committee in companies registered in India.(Update pl. see Ms. Naina's comments below) Yes at least we have Vishaka Guidelines to safeguard women at workplace.

IF you have problems please PM me so that our non-profit team can try to help you and you can discuss with us your problems without any fear.
14-12-2011, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 03:23 PM by admin.)
(09-07-2011 10:44 AM)Sneha Wrote:  I'm in B'lore working in small IT company. I've been having some issues in my company with a male collegue for past one year.
I just want this information when my company is required to have a women committee for sexual harassment as per law.

Thanks for answer

I have just joined this forum and found your query on Sexual Harassment. I filed and framed the PIL resulting in the Vishaka Guidelines before the Supreme Court. If you are still interested, a complaints committee is in fact mandatory in all workplaces and must include 50& women, a chairperson who is a woman and a third party who has experience working with sexual harassment. If your company does not have this, they are not in compliance with the law.
regards
Naina Kapur
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2011, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 10:33 AM by admin.)
Dear Nainaji

I'm sorry I used the words incorrectly.

I meant to say that for any sexual harassment complaints as per Vishaka Guidelines a complaint committe as you described is mandatory.

I understand from your statement that complaint committee must exist in all companies even when a new company is formed or without ever any cases of sexual harassment. For example in Male-Only company where there are no cases of sexual harassment.

Please clarify it, I was simply trying to interpret the Vishaka Guidelines myself.
12-06-2014, 07:45 PM
i personally believe it companies must have women committe, because at the presence of company women will feel safe and work like never before