Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity Leave Policy Issue

12-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Maternity Leave Policy Issue
Hi All,

I am working in a Private Builder company (real estate developers). Our company has a written policy for availing ML after 9 months of working, coincidently I applied for Maternity Leaves on completing just the 9 months of my service.

Now the HR people are saying that the policy is of 1 year and not 9 months, but after requesting them many times they have not provided any written policy.

What shall I do in this situation, I am right now on maternity leaves but company is not paying me any salary. Help and suggestions required.

Thanks
Meetu
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 11:34 AM
RE: Maternity Leave Policy Issue
No. As per maternity benefit act one must have worked 80 days (including all paid holidays) to avail it. Show them the maternity act.

Otherwise you can talk to labour commissioner in your area. That'll be of help to you.

Also don't forget to take 1 month paid sick leave in continuation of your ML. Just give a certificate from your Gyno.
 Thanks given by: meetu1982
12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi Mam,

This means that 1 year policy that my HR is conveying does not stand. So, why are they so pushing on this so called 1 year working before applying for ML policy that they haven't shown to me yet.

What all documents I need for take with me when talking to my HR next time or to the Labour Commisioner?

Also, if i go to Labour Commisioner for help, will it not affect my employer's reputation? Because I dont know if this issue is created by just my HR people or others as well.

Thanks Again!
12-04-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 10:38 AM by admin.)
If your company is not reputed and if you complain to labour commissioner then your company will be forced to give the ML benefit. And when you join, most likely you'll be fired.

Labour commissioner will definitely help you and this will not affect at all your company's reputation since all such commissioners are corrupt and they already earn lot of illegal money. Moreover they are very busy and don't have at all time to look into such frivolous complaints but if you contact them they will oblige since hardly any individual contacts them.

I suggest you talk first to labour commissioner and discuss with him, what he can do if you're fired as part of revenge.

Browse this site: http://maternityleaverules.indianworkingwoman.org for rules and here are list of maternity benefit act books

If your problem gets solved, please help us .. contribute one article about working women in India to this site.
12-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks Mam for your advise. Hope it work out internally, but i'll seek Labour Commisioner help if they dont agree.
15-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi Mam,

Just wanted to know how hard will it be to get this resolved from Labour Commisioner office as its a Govt Dept. What all documents I need to take along? Is getting a Lawyer involved in it will make any difference or shall I pursue in front of Labour Commisioner on my own?

Thanks again.

(12-04-2013 12:47 PM)admin Wrote:  If your company is not reputed and if you complain to labour commissioner then your company will be forced to give the ML benefit. And when you join, most likely you'll be fired.

Labour commissioner will definitely help you and this will not affect at all your company's reputation since all such commissioners are corrupt and they already earn lot of illegal money. Moreover they are very busy and don't have at all time to look into such frivolous complaints but if you contact them they will oblige since hardly any individual contacts them.

I suggest you talk first to labour commissioner and discuss with him, what he can do if you're fired as part of revenge.

Browse this site: http://www.maternityleaverules.in/ for rules and here are list of maternity benefit act books

If your problem gets solved, please help us .. contribute one article about working women in India to this site.
19-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Just a simple phone call from Labour dept. Your company will obey. No lawyer is required.