Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity leave , child care leave, unpaid leaves during probationary

12-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Maternity leave , child care leave, unpaid leaves during probationary
Hi Admin,
my self is vishal, My wife has been working in central audit department since nov 2011(1 month). she is having her first pregnancy of 6 months & she is under probationery now.
my querries are
1 how many months of maternity & child care leaves applies for central govt employees 180 days?.
2 if she plans for another child in future, whether she can avail again 6 months maternity leave?

3. whether she is eligible for maternity leaves 6 months & child care leaves of 1 year now?
4. since she is getting back ach to sit whether she can apply for both together maternity & childcare now itself.
5. if it is not possible then whether she can have unpaid leaves
6. if she gets unpaid leaves that would be how many months.
7. pleases suggest if she can take other leaves along with maternity leaves.
8. if she plans for another child in future, whether she can avail again 6 months maternity leave?
9. if she takes these maternity leave & child care leave, whether her probationary period will increase?
if so how many months more.
10. whether this will impact on her promotion & all.

Kindly help to understand all these queries cause i am very much tensed abt her

Regards
Vishal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2011, 01:05 PM
RE: Maternity leave , child care leave, unpaid leaves during probationary
I hope your wife's dept is covered under CCS. Here are the answers:
  1. 180 days
  2. yes
  3. yes and child care leave of 2 years
  4. No need, ML can be applied after delivery and leave can be extended in continuation for further 2 years
  5. Child care leave is available then why unpaid leaves? If it is required then yes.
  6. As per CCS one can extend the ML for 2 years in continuation and office will not stop her from taking this leave but once she joins then ball is in her office's court. This two years can also be unpaid leaves
  7. Yes ML of 6 months + 2 years is available again
  8. Yes
  9. Yes probationary period should increase by total amount of leaves taken
  10. Yes it can impact her career. A supportive husband'd keep in balance between child care during nursing and wife's professional life as well. Please don't sacrifice her career. So she must take 6 months maternity leave and continue it further unless it is required for your child's well being. The child care leave of 2 years is available for her till the child is 18 years. Don't spent it all at once!

Looks like all family planning is done by your wife only. Smile
13-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks a lot admin, for answering my questions.Smile
no we hadnt plan it just coincident that she got pregnant first & in her 5th month got a central Govt job offer. i am supporting her in all the way, infact i am the only who is bothering lot about baby & her health. believe me. Huh, cause i am stayin away of her for my job & it really making me to think lot about them, more of all she is in probationary. neither she cant leave job or she cant proceed with present scenario which may impact on herself & baby...Huh but its good to here that she can take leaves of 1 & half year...
but still i have some doubts.
1) what is CCS & how would she come to know that her office comes under this.
2) is it compulsion that to avail 180days ML & 1 year CCL she has to work 80 days Huh
3) in her office, officer asked her that first let her take ML then they will allow her to take CCL. is it so?
4) according to 6th point of yours from the last querries .. once she takes ML of 180 days she should not come back & join the office within that period if she comes then she will loose the leaves ? or what's the rule & logic? pls explain
5) if she had to come back to office to apply for CCL will that be concidered that she joined & no more leaves for her?Undecided
6) any other leaves like medical or some other leaves she can take like i heared that she can take a month leave after ML as a medical leaves. is it true? PLS explain.
7)apart from all these(ML ,CCL, & medical) if she still wants to discontinue the job means wants to take some more Unpaid leaves that would be how many months & whether it is allowed in probationery. pls explain.
8)Along with this i am sending you an image file in which i have marked with blue for 5th point. which i have found in internet. you please explain about that point little more cause my wife is working in a same organisation( its related to that).

Thanks a lot
Regards
Vishal

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

23-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Well vishal your wife can go for a leave of 180 days of maternity leave even in probationary period. So she should apply in her company for a maternity leave of about four to five months irrespective of whether she is working with government or private company. She would get a without pay leave as per my assumption as she is on probationary period.

Rashmi Kamani