Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Maternity leave in central govt while on contract in world bank project

22-06-2012, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 01:55 PM by admin.)
Maternity leave in central govt while on contract in world bank project
Hi, I am working in a world bank project which is for 5 years out of which two years have passed. The project is under the Central Government but my appointment is on co-terminus (i.e) till the project lasts. I am 5 months pregnant and want to avail the Maternity Leave. My admin says I am not entitled for it as I am on contract service also adding that for taking earned leave on medical ground I have to submit the medical certificate from the Government hospital. Pls suggest before I act on their policy.

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Maternity leave in central govt while on contract in world bank project
I want to make it clear that maternity benefit act in all departments/stste/center in India make no distinction between permanent and contract employees. Are you directly employed by central government?

I'd suggest you to meet any labour officer in your place and clarify these and also let me know this.
Even PF officers are also labour officers. Contact their senior guy to know the right person you need to talk to.
01-11-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Maternity leave in central govt while on contract in world bank project
Hi,

Any employee under probation or under contract under central govt is eligible for maternity leave under pay under Rule 43 of FRSR part III. Please refer Swmay's hand book for FR&SR Part II (Leave rules/0. I also had encountered the same problem with my wife. A simple solution to resolve your problem is to apply an RTI application. I also had applied the RTI and my wife is now eligible for leave with pay even under probation. U will get the real facts.

Regards,
Prakash Inani
prakash2710@gmail.com

(22-06-2012 04:02 PM)asingh Wrote:  Hi, I am working in a world bank project which is for 5 years out of which two years have passed. The project is under the Central Government but my appointment is on co-terminus (i.e) till the project lasts. I am 5 months pregnant and want to avail the Maternity Leave. My admin says I am not entitled for it as I am on contract service also adding that for taking earned leave on medical ground I have to submit the medical certificate from the Government hospital. Pls suggest before I act on their policy.

Regards