Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Safety at workplace: Staying late night alone at office

23-12-2013, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2013 03:02 PM by admin.)
Safety at workplace: Staying late night alone at office
I am working in a private firm. office timings are 9am to 6pm on week days and 9am to 2pm on saturday. My manager asks me to stay back on Saturday till late in evening and work. Other female coworker is never asked to stay back. Is it rite to ask a female employee to work over time late in evening with all other have left the office and even the lady security guard leaving. I dont feel safe as all other female collegues leave office. Manager sometimes messages late at night and wants me to reply to his messages even if its 1am at night. Is there any law that prohibits employer to contact an employee without any valid reason.

Please suggest what to do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2013, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2013 03:26 PM by admin.)
RE: Safety at workplace: Staying late night alone at office
Please read office timing for ladies due to late staying and this one.

From sexual harassment at workplace act, 2013 Chapter VI(Duties of Employer):

Quote:19. Every employer shall --
(a) provide a safe working environment at the workplace which shall include safety from the persons coming into contact at the workplace

Also from Vishaka Judgement, the Supreme Court has said that providing safe working environment is fundamental right of a working woman.

Try also filing complaint online at: http://ncw.nic.in/OnlineComplaints/frmHome.aspx

I don't think there is any law for contacting ad odd times. So much of spam in the form of phone, email, sms we receive all day - millions of us.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply