Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

increment during maternity leave

07-10-2013, 03:23 PM
increment during maternity leave
hi
I am a central govt. employee. I was on maternity leave on 1st July and joined on 20th july. am I eligible for increment from 1st July? I know maternity leave counts as service, but my dept. has given me from 20th , as I was on leave during that period,is it correct ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 04:08 PM
RE: increment during maternity leave
That is wrong. That'll make women unequal to men which is against fundamental principals of our constitution. I've cases where women from central government have got increments from the due time.
08-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks for your reply mam
How will I then justify my point?
08-10-2013, 04:40 PM
You'll need to cite similar cases. Contact people who have got the increment in time.

Also write a decent letter to senior authority citing pregnancy as being punished just being a woman placing you at disadvantage compared to male colleagues.

Cite this first fundamental right recognized by the Indian constitution (From Wikipedia):
Quote:Right to equality, including equality before law, prohibition of discrimination on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth, and equality of opportunity in matters of employment, abolition of untouchability and abolition of titles.

So by delaying increment date, you've been rendered unequal to males just because you're a woman.