Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

maternity leave earliest period( also want to visit foreign country)

22-10-2012, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2013 12:59 PM by admin.)
maternity leave earliest period( also want to visit foreign country)
hi everyone
i am four month pregnant and i want to take my maternity leave from fifth month onwards because of health reasons...how early can i take maternity leave when i dont have any medical leaves and earned leaves left with me... i am a reagular employee in govt college
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: maternity leave earliest period
In central govt I've seen people starting ML even in fifth month only that it'd finish after 6 months. Are you in PSU or state govt?
23-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I am in delhi state govt coll. we are allowed 6 months ML. Can health reasons be cited as taking of ML at 5 month as we are vacation staff and are not allowed medical leaves. I also want to join my husband who is stationed out of india during this period. I know i have to get permission for foreign travel too but in our institute this permission takes months to get....and i have to join my hsband by 5th month as my doctor have advised to do all major travel by this month.
27-10-2012, 12:13 PM
You can start ML at any time you want only that it'll be limited to 6 months and you tell that doctor has suggested you to take rest. For going on foreign tour you need to check rules( for example in central govt, gazetted officer need prior approval for even leaving station).

I suggest you pay some bribe for expediting your leave approval. If you want to go to Western country I strongly recommend you to plan baby birth there because A) better medical care is there B) Your child will get that country's citizenship for free
 Thanks given by: sonika
31-10-2012, 08:02 PM
thanks a lot dear ur reply has boosted my resolve
02-11-2012, 12:21 AM
(27-10-2012 12:13 PM)admin Wrote:  You can start ML at any time you want only that it'll be limited to 6 months and you tell that doctor has suggested you to take rest. For going on foreign tour you need to check rules( for example in central govt, gazetted officer need prior approval for even leaving station).

I suggest you pay some bribe for expediting your leave approval. If you want to go to Western country I strongly recommend you to plan baby birth there because A) better medical care is there B) Your child will get that country's citizenship for free

Hello Admin,
Actually I am also facing similar situation as Sonika. I am central govt gazatted officer and need NOC to visit my husband working in US. How can I get NOC to join my husband during maternity leave?

Thanks in advance Smile
02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Vinrt there is nothing great in going to foreign country except for NOC. Just apply it and say that as soon as your ML is over you'll return. Before submitting application meet your seniors in their residence. Go with your husband( else father). Convince your office that you'll return.
First get NOC, then only look for child care leave.
 Thanks given by: vinrt
03-11-2012, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2012 08:45 AM by admin.)
Than you very much Smile
28-06-2013, 06:02 PM
can you provide me with a document/ evidence/ link that ML can obtained at anytime if required due to medical issues.
29-06-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: maternity leave earliest period( also want to visit foreign country)
It depends on you admin officer how early he/she they allow you to start ML before delivery. I've seen ladies taking little early though.