Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

maternity leave for central govt. contractual employee in ESIC Hospital

26-12-2013, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 09:15 AM by admin.)
Photo maternity leave for central govt. contractual employee in ESIC Hospital
Hi,
I am working at ESIC Hospital as Assistant Professor on contractual basis. Initial period of contact for 2 years which is extendable for another 1 year. I have joined on 23rd April 2013.
Shall I be entitled for paid maternity leave for 180 days?

In this hospital senior residents on 3 year contract(renewable after every one year) get paid ml for 180 days.My post is newly created hear as medical college started from this year. So I have been told form the office that I can not get paid maternity leave for any duration but I can get ml for 6 months without salary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2013, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2013 03:23 PM by admin.)
RE: maternity leave for central govt. contractual employee
Pl. read this: http://forum.indianworkingwoman.org/Thre...rv8k_QW2fE
29-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for prompt reply but l can't follow it properly. Please note my specific questions...
1.ls there any different ML leave rule for contractual and permanent employee in Central Govt. ?
29-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Yes.
30-12-2013, 06:37 PM
(29-12-2013 06:35 PM)admin Wrote:  Yes.

Thanks. Can you please elaborate. Can l get paid ML 6 months as l am a contractual central govt. employee with initial period of contract is for 2 years.
lf yes, shall l get any supportive document from your side so that l can produce that in our institution's office.

with warm regard
30-12-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 08:09 PM by admin.)
ML benefit act does not apply on government organizations who have different rules for contractual employees. Usually they deny any such benefit. But recently High court of Nainital/Uttarakhand has given judgement against the state government to provide similar benefit to a government contract employee just like you're.

I don't have a copy of judgement or contact number of the lady. If you get it, pl. also pass it on to me.

Using that copy, you should make a request if the ML benefit is denied to you.
06-01-2014, 08:48 AM
(30-12-2013 08:07 PM)admin Wrote:  ML benefit act does not apply on government organizations who have different rules for contractual employees. Usually they deny any such benefit. But recently High court of Nainital/Uttarakhand has given judgement against the state government to provide similar benefit to a government contract employee just like you're.

I don't have a copy of judgement or contact number of the lady. If you get it, pl. also pass it on to me.

Using that copy, you should make a request if the ML benefit is denied to you.

Thank you. l have talked to them. They specifically want the example of any contractual faculty post (Assistant Prof onwards,not senior residents) like me in any ESI Hospital who have got the benefit. l don't have any known person in other ESl Hospital. Can you help me?
06-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Sorry I don't know anybody.
17-01-2014, 08:15 AM
(06-01-2014 09:14 AM)admin Wrote:  Sorry I don't know anybody.

Ok. Thank you.
05-04-2017, 12:50 AM
RE: maternity leave for central govt. contractual employee in ESIC Hospital
Hello popiatasi.
Hope all went well.
I too am facing a situation regarding ML.
I am working as SR 1 yr, yearly renewing contract, on my send contractual term now (i.e. Around 1.5 years in the same institution) in Kerala.
As I applied for ML, I came to learn from office and it does not exist for SR 1 year.
Finding it extremely difficult to believe such an oversight exists.
Any information that may prove to be helpful will be much appreciated.
Hope someone can help me...
Thanks and best regards,
Jp.