Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

maternity leave for senior resident in G B pant hospital, New Delhi (3 year post)

11-10-2012, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 11:21 PM by admin.)
maternity leave for senior resident in G B pant hospital, New Delhi (3 year post)
I have worked in G B pant hospital, New Delhi (central Govt)as a senior resident(SR) for a period of 3 years. My tenure completion was on 27th April 2012. My delivery happened on 25th may 2012. I applied for the maternity leave on 6th feb 2012. I enquired from the office staff about the leave and everybody said that I can avail it but will have to join for a day, before the completion of my tenure. I joined back on 24th april and 27th was my tenure completion day. Now the administration is denying my leave sanction saying you are not eligible as you joined back. The SR post is for a period of 3 years. please advise what can be done. reply earliest and oblige. thanks
Dr Sarika Jain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
RE: maternity leave for senio resident(3 year post)
Did you try to avail ML after your tenure was over? I'm not sure about ML rules in your organization but yes in central rules( all central rules are more or less same) if you ever join back during your ML your ML elapses.
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: maternity leave for senio resident(3 year post)
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I appreciate. I applied for the maternity leave during my tenure from 6th feb to 24th april and my tenure gets completed on 27th april 2012. I want leave encashment of this period only. Kindly let me know which part of ML I cannot avail....before joining or after joining. I was told that i cant avail my ML of the period before i joined.I m not bothered about the period after joining as my tenure completed. Rules of central govt aPPLY to my institute. Please quote the relevant references. thanks.

Regards
Dr sarika jain
(11-10-2012 11:19 PM)admin Wrote:  Did you try to avail ML after your tenure was over? I'm not sure about ML rules in your organization but yes in central rules( all central rules are more or less same) if you ever join back during your ML your ML elapses.
13-10-2012, 12:16 AM
RE: maternity leave for senior resident in G B pant hospital, New Delhi (3 year post)
Central ML rules are similar but may differ from organization to organization. Basing on similarity, you will be eligible for ML before joining the office. I'll need to get the ML rules from your organization. If you can help me with whom to send RTI for ML rules, I can get it for you and post it here.
15-10-2012, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 08:25 AM by admin.)
RE: maternity leave for senior resident in G B pant hospital, New Delhi (3 year post)
Thanks for reply.
Maternity leaves rule are same as of any central govt organisation.This is what i have been told.I am not able to get copy of rules from my organisation.I want to file RTI, kindly guide me how i should proceed.Will I need to take help from legal advisor.
Also kindly quote the references/rules in my favour.
I need the answer, whether I am eligible for maternity leave if i am not delivering in my tenure of residency. Also quote me references.

Regards
Dr Sarika Jain
16-10-2012, 08:30 AM
I've checked your hospital's site but there is no information about RTI. I guess the public relation officer will be designated for this. You just ask whom to send RTI for your hospital.
But it seems GB Panth hospital comes under Government of Delhi(NCT).

Unless you are able to obtain the ML rules, it isn't much point talking further. For example (see this site: http://kvsangathan.nic.in/) every govt dept.'s site now have a RTI link which list how to send RTI requests.
28-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Dear Admin,
Thanx
I have Filed RTI to PIO, GB Pant hospital asking fot following information.

1.What are the rules for maternity leave for senior residents (SR) working in G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi?

2.What is the reason for denial of my maternity leave which was taken in continuation from 6th February to 24th February with prior information (4th feb) to the concerned radiology department and administration of the hospital?

3.If the tenure of SR gets completed in between the duration of maternity leave and the person joins back in the last days of her tenure to get relieved; will she be eligible to avail the salary benefits for the period prior to joining? If no, kindly provide the copy of relevant rule dealing with the matter.

4.Why my maternity leave was denied after almost 8 months of my notice?

5.Please provide me a copy of denial order of my maternity leave.
Kindly guide me further.
Dr sarika Jain
28-10-2012, 07:34 PM
After you get the reply please scan and upload it here.
22-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Dear Admin,
Kindly find enclosed reply of RTI.
Also let me know what next has to be done.

Regards,
Dr Sarika Jain

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

23-11-2012, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 04:15 PM by admin.)
The last doc is not scanned properly.

I don't think your case is covered in those CCS rules. In that case benefit should be given to you.

Just go to your Admin officer and ask courteously the rules upon which they have denied you the leave. Don't talk about RTI to them(he/she will get angry).

You should write to Swamy publishers at Chennai writing in detail your question and sometimes they reply. If you can visit their office it'll be fine then.

You can find all information from their site: http://www.swamypublishers.com

If they are not ready to help you ( even for a fees) ask them which book will clear your case. I guess you should get "Leave rules made easy" at least.