Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

maternity leave in kerala PSU's

08-12-2012, 08:21 PM
maternity leave in kerala PSU's
Sir,
I am working in a Kerala Public Sector Undertaking company as senior engineer for the last 4.5 years on CONTRACT basis. Now I am 6months pregnant and the officials in my company telling that I can only avail 84 days maternity leave since we are following maternity benefit act 1961.

I am getting a consolidated amount which will not have any other benefits no PF,no Earned leave etc. Permanent employees in our company is having so many leave like earned leave, hospitalization etc. I am out of ESI benefits also. Is there any chance for me to get 180days ML or atleast 84+30 days leave?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: maternity leave in kerala PSU's
Officials in your company are right. As per maternity benefit act you can take another 1 month leave in continuation (beyond 84 days) with salary but you will need to give sickness certificate related to maternity or pregnancy side affects from a doctor.
09-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. May I know in which section additional 30 days leave mentioned in the act? I want to show it to the officials. Other wise they wl not convince.
09-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Page 11 point 10(in the bottom) of : maternity benefit act.

But don't show your office right now else it'll show your mala-fide intention to take additional leave since you don't know if you'll be sick at that time. But do take it and any doctor will be happy to give.
09-12-2012, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 08:48 PM by jiljilg.)
ok sir. If they will not sanction the leave after 84 days means what i will do?Is there any legal support for that?Do I have any other formats to apply for that 30 days leave?

Sir one more thing also. Should I get 1000 rupees of Bonus?
10-12-2012, 12:32 AM
sir will u provide the link to access the act?
10-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Looks like your office people are well informed and moreover it's clearly in the act. Since it is unforeseen leave - don't worry - you should be able to get salary for extra month. Let us not think of legal support. But you can go to the admin people and clarify 1 month sick leave point now.
11-12-2012, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 03:09 PM by admin.)
sir what is the existing amount of medical bonus? as per the amendment of 2007 it is 1000 rupees. any other further amendment issued??
11-12-2012, 03:10 PM
No idea. After you get it, if you can update it here I'll be thankful to you.
12-12-2012, 06:53 PM
As per the latest amendment in 2011 December 19 the medical allowance is Rs 3500/-