Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

maternity leave issue when giving my baby for adoption in Central Govt

14-12-2011, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 08:17 PM by admin.)
maternity leave issue when giving my baby for adoption in Central Govt
applied 4 mat.leave abt 40 days back, delivered baby on 1.12.11. It is 2nd baby.now baby is being adopted by someone legally who have no issue.Ques.is whether' in future,mat.leave is entitled.now have to join & what to apply now while joining without availing 180 days mat.leave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2011, 01:11 PM
RE: maternity leave
Maternity leave of 180 days should be admissible to you since it isn't called a child care leave. I fear this case may not be covered in the govt maternity rules. So it is in favour of you.

So you can apply for maternity leave now. Avail it for 180 days.

Secondly after legal adoption, you will still be eligible for Maternity leave for the third child since legally you're left with 1 child after adoption.
15-12-2011, 07:18 PM
thanks, this was my view also that she should be eligible for mat.leave at 3rd delivery. It is a case of my sister. Is it yr opinion or as per rules?
16-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Not everything is covered under maternity rules. If it isn't then the benefit is given to you.
The only rule I remember is that you should have less than two surviving children to avail maternity leave. But after adoption legally, yes she will have left with single child.

On sec: I may be wrong, I'll have to check it. For example in case of death of child after delivery there is a pre-closure of maternity leave, it is exactly similar to giving child for adoption. I'll check and get back.

But for third ML I'm sure I'm not wrong. But the above one, let me check.
16-12-2011, 05:54 PM
the word 'surviving' less than 2 children makes me doubtful to think that ml may be refused at 3rd time bcz both are surviving. Pl. clear it. Secondly, i think she should join after adoption bcz the leave is for child though it also includes time for a mother to recover to normal. Pl. advice again
24-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Although I'm awaiting reply for people from similar cases, looks like she will get full maternity benefit after adoption since this case isn't covered in maternity benefit.
I'm sure that she'll be eligible for maternity benefit for the third delivery.