Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

maternity leave rule when delivered before joining govt job

24-04-2013, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 03:15 PM by admin.)
maternity leave rule when delivered before joining govt job
i delivered a baby on 19th January 2013 , at that time i was not working anywhere. now i got a job in state govt in April 2013. after i joined i applied for maternity leave , but my officer did not sanction it by giving excuses like ' in probation period no leave is due , baby has been delivered now there is no need for any maternity leave........etc . kindly tell me can i avail maternity leave whatever is due to me ??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 03:16 PM
RE: maternity leave rule when delivered before joining govt job
As far as I know your office is right. Now you're not eligible for the maternity leave.
 Thanks given by: farahshaheen47
07-05-2013, 06:01 PM
(26-04-2013 03:16 PM)admin Wrote:  As far as I know your office is right. Now you're not eligible for the maternity leave.
its not matter of maternity leave but baby care leave which has now been combined with maternity leave
07-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Child care leave isn't clubbed with ML, it is different from ML. So you should be eligible for it. I know the rules of central govt. To counter them you should get the rules first. If you can't obtain then let me know the address of RTI in your office, I'll get and upload it here.
15-05-2013, 08:49 PM
(07-05-2013 06:07 PM)admin Wrote:  Child care leave isn't clubbed with ML, it is different from ML. So you should be eligible for it. I know the rules of central govt. To counter them you should get the rules first. If you can't obtain then let me know the address of RTI in your office, I'll get and upload it here.
thanks for your reply, i dont understand what is RTI address of office. please help more over the officer has send me notice to attend the duty when i went to office he said you have been terminated and you need not to come to this office.Can he terminate ?? i think he cant. please help. I am terribly harrased by him.
thanks in anticipation
15-05-2013, 09:36 PM
They can't terminate so easily .. even courts will not allow it. What type of notice have you got as part of any disciplinary action?
15-05-2013, 11:06 PM
(15-05-2013 09:36 PM)admin Wrote:  They can't terminate so easily .. even courts will not allow it. What type of notice have you got as part of any disciplinary action?
THEY HAVE WRITTEN THE FOLLOWING POINTS.
whereas in pursuance of govt order you were allowed to attedn the office provisionally subject to production of various certificates
whereas instead of attending the office you remained absent unauthorizedly
whereas absence from duty unauthorizedly means loss of appointment
whereas instead of attending the duty you have choosen to apply for maternity leave
he has also written you delivered a baby 4 months before so no maternity leave is entitled
where as no kind of leave can bo sanctioned
and lastly he has written that u are given an oppurtunity to regularize your duty and attend the duty.
and when i went to office he told me now you have been terminated. so kindly suggest what i should do??
16-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Did you join as permanent employee? Can you pl. upload soft copy of your notice and termination order?
Looks like you're terminated because of delivery?

Do you have all the medical certificates to prove your absence? I don't see much ground for termination, that won't hold in courts.

Unless you tell me clearly what happened, I won't be able to help you.