Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

resignation during or after maternity leave

23-09-2012, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 03:36 PM by admin.)
resignation during or after maternity leave
Hi, I'm a central govt employee working in Delhi. I'm on my maternity leave which expires on 20 October. I'm in Tamil Nadu now as it is my hometown. During my ML my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo treatment for it. So my husband who was also working in Delhi resigned his job and came home. I'm working as a senior resident in a hospital and the job is not transferable as there are no central govt hospitals in Kerala. Now i have to resign my job as i don't want to live in Delhi without my family. Can someone please tell me if i can resign immediately after rejoining and work for 1 month as the stipulated notice period. Is it possible to give resignation now and will the remaining of my ML be considered as my notice period? Also my ML pay was about Rs 7000 less than that of my colleagues. Is this right? My baby is only 4 months old now and exclusively breastfed. So joining early is also difficult. please help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: resignation during or after maternity leave
Notice period is required otherwise if you've 30 leaves with you, you can resign now and take leave and you'll not need to pay notice period amount.
It should also be adjusted with ML.
I suggest you keep your job. Just take leave and go with your husband and if you get settled there, then only resign.

Also you can take child care leave in continuation of ML which may not be denied.

You can also avail take 45 days leave in the name of abortion. Just send certificate from Kerala.

Take free salary till you get settled. Take all advantages of being woman.

Also nobody is permanent in this world your plans could change any time.
 Thanks given by: elijip
24-09-2012, 12:11 AM
thanks for the prompt reply and also for the alternatives suggested. could you also please clarify the matter of my pay during ML. They are paying me 7000 less than what I would have got had I not taken the leave. thanks in advance

(23-09-2012 03:44 PM)admin Wrote:  Notice period is required otherwise if you've 30 leaves with you, you can resign now and take leave and you'll not need to pay notice period amount.
It should also be adjusted with ML.
I suggest you keep your job. Just take leave and go with your husband and if you get settled there, then only resign.

Also you can take child care leave in continuation of ML which may not be denied.

You can also avail take 45 days leave in the name of abortion. Just send certificate from Kerala.

Take free salary till you get settled. Take all advantages of being woman.

Also nobody is permanent in this world your plans could change any time.
24-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Which dept. are you in?
24-09-2012, 03:24 PM
im in medical education dept