Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

sacked from private college when you are on maternity leaves

29-12-2011, 11:42 AM
sacked from private college when you are on maternity leaves
Dear All,
I am working as a Lecturer in Private Diploma engineering college(Dombivali) on Contract basis from last 3 years with 1 days break in each academic year.I am on maternity leave from 1st Nov to 31st Dec,2011( 2 months) & i have to join college from 2nd January.My colleague in college told me that you have been sacked from college & new appointment has been made in place of me.I have not given prior one month notice by college.I have visited college few days back after hearing that scenario & met Principal of college.Principal informed me that we do not require your services as no work load is there.I am having approved signed Maternity leave application along with me.

So please guide me in this regard.

Early reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2011, 09:40 PM
RE: sacked from private college when you are on maternity leaves
Our response is here.
As per maternity such notice is of no use. If you get sick due to maternity related issues after 12 weeks then get medical certificate of 1 month. It means total salary college must pay you is 3 months + 1 month of sick leave.
For maternity leave no approval is needed.
We'll help you, please post details of your employment and relevant proofs so that we help you.
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I am working in college from past 4 years.They are giving 1 days break in each year.They have not given appointment letter for this year.I am having only maternity leave application.But my name is there in daily attendance muster.They are not giving payment sheet.Also my name is also forwarded to MSBTE(maharashtra state board technical educatioin) for this academic year.
Please advise.

Your early reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
07-01-2012, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 01:25 PM by admin.)
I'm very sorry for this predicament. But if you yourself read the maternity benefit act you'll find that there is no distinction of being temporary/permanent employee. In other words you're fully eligible. If you want we can also contact your college to help you in this. If it can be proved that you've worked in your college for 80 days in past 1 year then you're eligible for maternity benefits whether or not appointment letter was given to you.
If you ever leave this college then please don't forget to give yours and your college details so that we can pursue this matter ourselves.
09-01-2012, 12:00 PM
(07-01-2012 01:23 PM)admin Wrote:  I'm very sorry for this predicament. But if you yourself read the maternity benefit act you'll find that there is no distinction of being temporary/permanent employee. In other words you're fully eligible. If you want we can also contact your college to help you in this. If it can be proved that you've worked in your college for 80 days in past 1 year then you're eligible for maternity benefits whether or not appointment letter was given to you.
If you ever leave this college then please don't forget to give yours and your college details so that we can pursue this matter ourselves.

Thanks for the reply.
Please let me know the procedure you are going to follow to handle this issue.I am going to upload scan copy of my maternity leave application & details of college tomorrow.My provident fund deduction is also a proof of my employment.I am claiming 2 months maternity leave payment & 1 month notice period payment if they are not agree to join me back to work.They are not even answering phone call.

Thanks in advance.

Your early reply is highly appreciated.
09-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Pl. upload the details at the earliest.
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
(09-01-2012 09:12 PM)admin Wrote:  Pl. upload the details at the earliest.

Please find below details for your reference.
Name-Rakhi Lade.
Qualification-Msc Chemistry.
Department-Chemical Engineering (Diploma)
Designation-Lecturer
Date of joining-22nd Aug,2007 (1 day break on every 1st July)
Contact details-9975013586/9930500505
Maternity leave period-1st Nov to 31st Dec,2011.
College Name & Address-S.H.Jondhale Polytechnic,Dombivali(West),dist-Thane
Contact no-0251-2481111 / 2489999 /2491544 ask for extension of Principal.
Principal Name-Mrs.Basanti Sawant.

Scan copy of Maternity leave application is attached for your reference.
Please keep me informed after contacting college.

Thanks.

.pdf  Maternity leave application..pdf (Size: 235.65 KB / Downloads: 817)
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 02:39 PM by admin.)
If you complain what's the worst thing this college can do against you?
After you looking for further opportunities from this college?

Also please get signed on PF transfer/withdrawal form from the college authorities since they may want to punish you ...

Then I myself want to talk to the principal first and let us see if see readily obliges.
12-01-2012, 03:31 PM
(10-01-2012 02:39 PM)admin Wrote:  If you complain what's the worst thing this college can do against you?
After you looking for further opportunities from this college?

Also please get signed on PF transfer/withdrawal form from the college authorities since they may want to punish you ...

Then I myself want to talk to the principal first and let us see if see readily obliges.

I am not going to join this college in future.I don't want to leave my 3 months salary.If i go to college for PF withdrawal form,they will tell me to submit a resignation letter first.I think after 2 months from termination one can apply for PF withdrawal.Please tell me the detail procedure.I don't want to involve in court matter.

Thanks
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
If you don't want any hassle for resolution of your matter, then that's the end of it.
India is a land of Mahatma Gandhi - no practicality in anything - only theory everywhere.
I mean Maternity Benefit act is made and if you don't pursue it yourself, no one else in India will be bothered.