Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Contract not being continued due to my pregnancy

30-03-2014, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2014 09:46 PM by admin.)
Contract not being continued due to my pregnancy
Respected Mam
I joined Army School which is a private institute in the year 2009 on contractual basis and worked there continuously for 3years ,than my contract was renewed again and I worked for 2 more years in the same school.In these 5 years of service I was never issued any showcause, warning letter , explanation letter, observation letter and everybody in the institute was happy with my work .But this year when again my contract was to be renewed I was informed that it wont be renewed and I can appear for interview after my delivery as I am 9 months pregnant and then they will decide after my interview , which will be conducted as a fresh candidate whether to keep me or not.At present they have not given me continuation. What can I do please help me ,I need this job as my husband is also a private employee and I am being thrown out just because of my pregnancy I guess.The Principal o school says whether you have served in this school for 5 years or 15 years it all depends on management whether to keep you or to remove you from the job.Can I do something please suggest.I am feeling so depressed not understanding whether to feel happy that I conceived after 4 years of my marriage and soon I will be enjoying my motherhood or to feel sorry for my pregnancy that I am out from my job.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 09:50 PM
RE: Contract not being continued due to my pregnancy
I suggest you make a recording when you talk to your principal and also take some trustable witness along with you. Then file a complaint at national commission of women first. Have you read this notice?
01-04-2014, 03:43 PM
My Principal says I cant file a case because it was clearly mentioned in the contract letter that AFTER EXPIRY OF 2 YEARS SERVICE IN THE SCHOOL FROM THE DATE OF JOINING ,YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY CEASE TO BE EMPLOYEE OF THE SCHOOL.Can I still file a case because my contract with the school got over on 31 march 2014 and my due date is 21 April 2014.
01-04-2014, 04:28 PM
There are two things. You're denied job because of your pregnancy. Then you can complain. But you need proof for this gender inequality issue. That's why I asked you to record. Otherwise they'll give some other reason.

Secondly you're denied maternity benefits( as in the High Court case) then also you can go to court over ML benefits. But this will not give you job.
15-12-2015, 11:55 AM
It's very sad to see this type of hypocrisy in present time, despite many laws in place to protect pregnant women at work, there still is a lot of discrimination in the office. women still get fired simply because they're pregnant.In the last fiscal year, government agencies received 5,370 charges alleging pregnancy discrimination in the workplace.