Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Employer is terminating me just after the compeletition of my maternity leaves

03-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Employer is terminating me just after the compeletition of my maternity leaves
I had my delivery on 07/01/2016 and I am on maternity leave since same day as I worked till last day even with full commitment. I had informed my company well in advance around when 3rd month of my pregnancy started and fulfilled all my duties before going on maternity leaves.
I would be completing my leaves on 05/04/2016 so I informed my company yesterday that I would be joining on 11/04/2016 via email.
My HR called me and said that company isn't willing to continue my employment and she is now asking me to resign willingly.I proposed them to let me resume my job and give me some time to search for a new job. I called them repeatedly, but they did not responded.

I think that my company can't terminate me legally during my maternity leaves and I am not going to resign on my own. Moreover, I am planning to join on 04/04/2016 itself just one day before the completion of my leaves.
Please help me all possibilities/steps/legal actions because as per my thinking company is absolutely wrong and they can't just terminate me like this.Please advise me if they can do it legally and what action I can take any action against them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply