Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average

sexual harassment at garrison enginier airforce chandigarh

25-09-2011, 02:56 PM
sexual harassment at garrison enginier airforce chandigarh
sir,
i am working in military enginiering services and i faced sexual harassment a\from my immediate superior garrison engineir air force chandigarh and i had complaint the matter to the department ,police and NCW,but there is no action from police and ncw from last one and a half year, but the department constituted two enquireies in the first one director architect female is the presiding officer and other two female members,all there are from the department and she had submitted the report ,but i had not given the copy of the report from last 8 months in response to my RTI'S ,nad the department ordered the revised board presided by male officer and other two female members,all from department,,and they had also submitted the report,,i had gone through the harassment but the department is favouring the culprit and the department in way of saving the culprit ,the enquiry is proceded in the way as to help the culprit and now taking diciplinary action against me and i am desperate as no body is listening to me and i request you to help me in this ......

Attached File(s)
.docx  COMPALINT TO DEPTT..docx (Size: 11.49 KB / Downloads: 1488)
.docx  COMPALINT TO NCW BY EMAIL IN THERE WEBSITE PORTAL ON 20 FEB 2010.docx (Size: 10.17 KB / Downloads: 1216)
Find all posts by this user
30-09-2011, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 10:30 AM by admin.)
RE: sexual harassment at garrison enginier airforce chandigarh
Sorry for late reply. But you are at right place. We'll work on to help you. The response of your office is on the expected lines. They will work on to save the culprit which most likely will also be a corrupt officer. All those working on to save your boss are most likely are part of corrupt syndicate.
Our team is very small and our work will take little time, please bear it, we'll do our best.
We've also forwarded your issue to another anti-corruption non profit organization which works independently.
As per Supreme Court' Vishaka Guidelines the committee should consist of at least one neutral member from outside, preferably from non profit women forums which have experience in working on such sexual harassment issues.
I don't see they can punish you for your complaint. They can't. This will be illegal.
You give us the address of PIO of your concerned dept. and also the 1st appeal authority.
Tell us the office hierarchy of your office. I mean, your boss, his boss and so on, with due contact addresses.
About police not taking up is normal. Without bribe they don't do anything in India.

Also read little harassment tips

We're very clear in your case - you must be suitably "rewarded" beyond action against the culprits.
03-10-2011, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 10:31 AM by admin.)
To the public:
The above post has been removed by the user after my this post was made

Before all this, I want to know whether by publishing details of your defense unit - are you violating any conduct rules ? Since this thread may be read by thousands so your Air Force management may come to know about it. First please check it with the conduct and other obligatory rules of Air Force service. We don't want you to get into serious trouble. You can as well email us at contactus [at-] indianworkingwoman.org or by clicking this contactus link. You can also send email by clicking the PM button in this forum. This will keep your data private.

I've read your complaint. Your complaint can't be called any sort of defamation. Rest assured. Even if it is defamation, it'll be personally between you and him and your office will not come in between. And in transferable jobs in defense nobody can attend to 20 years of court cases in India.

About how the senior officers are behaving - it is normal and in every other government organization it exactly the same. Nobody will care unless it is their own sister or daughter. In India corruption is very very common. That means a corrupt senior bureaucrat will install his/her own corrupt puppets and so on. So it'll not be surprising that whole management tries to punish you just to save their accomplice.
First thing you should do is get a good high court lawyer in Chandigarh and get a stay order on all those punishment activities from your office. It'll be easy to get, I'm sure. Get it fast.
Once you get a stay order, your office will not be able to issue a memo. Also as per Vishaka Guidelines:
Quote:The employer will need to ensure that the victim is not further traumatized or victimized. Employer must not persecute the victim in any way due to a woman’s complaint.
That means law is on your side as per Supreme Court's Vishaka guidelines, you should be easily able to get a stay order from the court. If you get it, most of the bureaucrats will keep themselves off from you.

You should not wait for our help. We will work independently and we can't even promise you that we'll be able to really help you. So keep on working normally.
Although we're committed to help you.

Don't get depressed too much.
Just be privileged to being alive and healthy and don't lose your health and sleep because of those morons.
Keep your energy to move on in life. Indeed it is a shame to be born in India as girl.
05-10-2011, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 09:47 AM by admin.)
I'm pasting victim's department information, which we'll use to work through to get her justice.

The hierarchy of victim's departments:
  • Complainant Komalpreet Kaur(steno,PA TO GE(AF)
    CAHANDIGARH,12 WING AIR FORCE STATION CHANDIGARH.
  • Alleged culprit Mr Shirish Sharma garrison engineer(Air force) 12 wing air force station ,Chandigarh 160003.
  • COL.SANDEEP SONI (CWE) 12 WING ,AIR FORCE STATION,CHANDIGARH.160003
  • BRIG. ZONAL CHIEF ENGINIER (AIR FORCE), CE (AF)WAC ,PALAM,DELHI CANTT ,NEW DELHI
  • MAJ GEN MANIK SABHARWAL (CHIEF ENGINIER) ,HQ CE, ENGINIER BRANCH, WESTERN COMMAND, CHANDIMANDIR
  • LT. GEN M C BADHANI ( ENGINIER IN CHIEF) E-in-C's BRANCH,INTEGRATED HQ OF ARMY,KASHMIR HOUSE ,RAJA JI MARG ,NEW DELHI.
  • DEFENSE MINISTER A K ANTHONY..,101 BRAHMPUTRA B D MARG ,NEW DELHI. 110001.

THE ADRESS OF PIO IS
  • PIO - CPIO. HQ CE WESTERN COMMAND,CHANDIMANDIR.
  • APPELLATE AUTHORITY- CHIEF ENGINEER,HQ CE WESTERN COMMAND ,CHANDIMANDIR.HARYANA
  • NEXT APPELLATE AUTHORITY- CIC ,E-in C'S BRANCH,KASHMIR HOUSE ,RAJA JI MARG, NEW DELHI.
14-12-2011, 04:19 PM
It's not clear to me what was the outcome of this case.... it is a strong case. Is it possible to know what happened... I understand that the department is avoiding the issue and have been non-compliant in many ways but what action was finally taken after your involvement
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: rajwadhwa25
14-12-2011, 05:57 PM
i am not getting help from anywhere.
15-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Sorry for delay, soon we'll be sending RTI application to get the details and have it uploaded in this side.
rajwadhwa25 thank you for your patience.
 Thanks given by: rajwadhwa25
03-03-2012, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 12:22 AM by rajwadhwa25.)
sorry to say,,now i come to know how poor i am ,,as i stood against all odds to complaint for the harassment i had suffered but the department is initiating disciplinary action against me as the committee formed by the department took the biased turn and i had been again victimized . i am writing several letters to my department to constitute the BOO as per vishaka guidelines ,but no one is listening and the culprit is filling false complaints against me and surprise to see the department is initiating enquirers to these false complaints,filled by culprit against me..

this is to teach me a lesson that i had stood against all this
madam,
the dapartment is punishing me by initiating a disciplinary action against me and i had written to them several letters ,even one by my husband to defence secretary regarding vishaka guidelines but they are neglecting and setting up further enquiries on my job related issues,,i am in really need of help..
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 03:24 PM by NainaK.)
what is the outcome of the RTI? This complainant is being persecuted and the Forum needs to take the matter forward with the ministry

(15-12-2011 01:03 PM)admin Wrote:  Sorry for delay, soon we'll be sending RTI application to get the details and have it uploaded in this side.

Dear Raj

I have been following your complaint and the outcome and have some questions. What was the result of the first committee and was there a 3rd party expert present on that committee as per the Vishaka guidelines. It's also unclear to me as to what happened in the second inquiry and again, who was the 3rd party expert. The expert is a person you can write to or address this issue with- they are meant to ensure a fair process.

Please feel free to be in touch with me. I have also requested the Forum to follow up the RTI

Naina Kapur

(25-09-2011 02:56 PM)rajwadhwa25 Wrote:  sir,
i am working in military enginiering services and i faced sexual harassment a\from my immediate superior garrison engineir air force chandigarh and i had complaint the matter to the department ,police and NCW,but there is no action from police and ncw from last one and a half year, but the department constituted two enquireies in the first one director architect female is the presiding officer and other two female members,all there are from the department and she had submitted the report ,but i had not given the copy of the report from last 8 months in response to my RTI'S ,nad the department ordered the revised board presided by male officer and other two female members,all from department,,and they had also submitted the report,,i had gone through the harassment but the department is favouring the culprit and the department in way of saving the culprit ,the enquiry is proceded in the way as to help the culprit and now taking diciplinary action against me and i am desperate as no body is listening to me and i request you to help me in this ......

Dear Raj

I have been following your complaint and the outcome and have some questions. What was the result of the first committee and was there a 3rd party expert present on that committee as per the Vishaka guidelines. It's also unclear to me as to what happened in the second inquiry and again, who was the 3rd party expert. The expert is a person you can write to or address this issue with- they are meant to ensure a fair process.

Please feel free to be in touch with me. I have also requested the Forum to follow up the RTI

Naina Kapur

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2012, 04:21 PM
(14-12-2011 04:19 PM)NainaK Wrote:  It's not clear to me what was the outcome of this case.... it is a strong case. Is it possible to know what happened... I understand that the department is avoiding the issue and have been non-compliant in many ways but what action was finally taken after your involvement

(04-03-2012 03:18 PM)NainaK Wrote:  what is the outcome of the RTI? This complainant is being persecuted and the Forum needs to take the matter forward with the ministry

(15-12-2011 01:03 PM)admin Wrote:  Sorry for delay, soon we'll be sending RTI application to get the details and have it uploaded in this side.

Dear Raj

Naina Kapur

Dear Raj

Naina Kapur

Madam,both the BOO are constituted taking the members from the department and no third party observer is being taken in constituting both Board of Officers(BOO).
As per my knowledge the first BOO(presiding officer Ms Anuradha Balli) had understood the case and given the report in my favour ,but the department ordered second BOO without my consent and not giving the copy of the report of the first BOO and also given me the incomplete information on the second BOO as of my RTI's,the second BOO had not taken the main issue of sexual harassment and not listened to my complaints and the second BOO had given the report in the culprits favour,,the whole report itself shows the main issue of sexual harassment has set aside and Mr V K Gupta (presiding officer-second BOO) has made me culprit as i stood against all odds to complain against the erring officer,,now my husband had written letters to defense secretary to constitute the committee as per vishaka guidelines ,but without listening to any of our woes ,the department is inquiring 3 complaints(job related and office related matters) made by the culprit against myself after filling my complaint of sexual harassment so as to teach me a lesson as i will leave my job.
the department is issuing a show cause notice to me so as to take disciplinary action.
i had been transferred from the department,but the culprit is still occupying his position of GE(AF) Chandigarh,and the department is helping him to harass me on one issue or the other so that i keep mum on the harassment i had experienced from Mr Shirish Sharma GE(AF)Chandigarh.
i had filled the complaint to the department on 21 oct 2010,instead of giving any relief to me till today,the department itself started harassing me and for this i had met Chairman NCW ,Ms Charu walikhanna but no help is being provided by NCW and Chandigarh Police(women cell).

i request the forum that kindly help me in constituting the comittee from outside the department after removing the culprit from the office,(as of fear every body is speaking in his favour) where all this happenend and save me from further punishments.
Thread Closed