Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average

sexual harassment at garrison enginier airforce chandigarh

04-03-2012, 05:18 PM
RE: sexual harassment at garrison enginier airforce chandigarh
(04-03-2012 04:21 PM)rajwadhwa25 Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 04:19 PM)NainaK Wrote:  It's not clear to me what was the outcome of this case.... it is a strong case. Is it possible to know what happened... I understand that the department is avoiding the issue and have been non-compliant in many ways but what action was finally taken after your involvement

(04-03-2012 03:18 PM)NainaK Wrote:  what is the outcome of the RTI? This complainant is being persecuted and the Forum needs to take the matter forward with the ministry

(15-12-2011 01:03 PM)admin Wrote:  Sorry for delay, soon we'll be sending RTI application to get the details and have it uploaded in this side.
rajwadhwa25 thank you for your patience.

Dear Raj

I have been following your complaint and the outcome and have some questions. What was the result of the first committee and was there a 3rd party expert present on that committee as per the Vishaka guidelines. It's also unclear to me as to what happened in the second inquiry and again, who was the 3rd party expert. The expert is a person you can write to or address this issue with- they are meant to ensure a fair process.

Please feel free to be in touch with me. I have also requested the Forum to follow up the RTI

Naina Kapur

(25-09-2011 02:56 PM)rajwadhwa25 Wrote:  sir,
i am working in military enginiering services and i faced sexual harassment a\from my immediate superior garrison engineir air force chandigarh and i had complaint the matter to the department ,police and NCW,but there is no action from police and ncw from last one and a half year, but the department constituted two enquireies in the first one director architect female is the presiding officer and other two female members,all there are from the department and she had submitted the report ,but i had not given the copy of the report from last 8 months in response to my RTI'S ,nad the department ordered the revised board presided by male officer and other two female members,all from department,,and they had also submitted the report,,i had gone through the harassment but the department is favouring the culprit and the department in way of saving the culprit ,the enquiry is proceded in the way as to help the culprit and now taking diciplinary action against me and i am desperate as no body is listening to me and i request you to help me in this ......

Dear Raj

I have been following your complaint and the outcome and have some questions. What was the result of the first committee and was there a 3rd party expert present on that committee as per the Vishaka guidelines. It's also unclear to me as to what happened in the second inquiry and again, who was the 3rd party expert. The expert is a person you can write to or address this issue with- they are meant to ensure a fair process.

Please feel free to be in touch with me. I have also requested the Forum to follow up the RTI

Naina Kapur

(25-09-2011 02:56 PM)rajwadhwa25 Wrote:  sir,
i am working in military enginiering services and i faced sexual harassment a\from my immediate superior garrison engineir air force chandigarh and i had complaint the matter to the department ,police and NCW,but there is no action from police and ncw from last one and a half year, but the department constituted two enquireies in the first one director architect female is the presiding officer and other two female members,all there are from the department and she had submitted the report ,but i had not given the copy of the report from last 8 months in response to my RTI'S ,nad the department ordered the revised board presided by male officer and other two female members,all from department,,and they had also submitted the report,,i had gone through the harassment but the department is favouring the culprit and the department in way of saving the culprit ,the enquiry is proceded in the way as to help the culprit and now taking diciplinary action against me and i am desperate as no body is listening to me and i request you to help me in this ......
Madam,both the BOO are constituted taking the members from the department and no third party observer is being taken in constituting both Board of Officers(BOO).
As per my knowledge the first BOO(presiding officer Ms Anuradha Balli) had understood the case and given the report in my favour ,but the department ordered second BOO without my consent and not giving the copy of the report of the first BOO and also given me the incomplete information on the second BOO as of my RTI's,the second BOO had not taken the main issue of sexual harassment and not listened to my complaints and the second BOO had given the report in the culprits favour,,the whole report itself shows the main issue of sexual harassment has set aside and Mr V K Gupta (presiding officer-second BOO) has made me culprit as i stood against all odds to complain against the erring officer,,now my husband had written letters to defense secretary to constitute the committee as per vishaka guidelines ,but without listening to any of our woes ,the department is inquiring 3 complaints(job related and office related matters) made by the culprit against myself after filling my complaint of sexual harassment so as to teach me a lesson as i will leave my job.
the department is issuing a show cause notice to me so as to take disciplinary action.
i had been transferred from the department,but the culprit is still occupying his position of GE(AF) Chandigarh,and the department is helping him to harass me on one issue or the other so that i keep mum on the harassment i had experienced from Mr Shirish Sharma GE(AF)Chandigarh.
i had filled the complaint to the department on 21 oct 2010,instead of giving any relief to me till today,the department itself started harassing me and for this i had met Chairman NCW ,Ms Charu walikhanna but no help is being provided by NCW and Chandigarh Police(women cell).

i request the forum that kindly help me in constituting the comittee from outside the department after removing the culprit from the office,(as of fear every body is speaking in his favour) where all this happenend and save me from further punishments.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Unfortunately I could not come out of current tasks. No problem, I've now contacted rajwadhwa25(sent her PM) to get her contact details so that I can myself file RTI application. I'll be posting the progress of RTI application here in this forum.

rajwadhwa25 I'm almost sure that corrupt system has united to punish you, and please don't lose your happiness and health for those sick people. Even if you're getting punished, it is none of your fault in any way.
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2012, 11:06 AM
i appreciate your busy schedule. Still, this case has been allowed to reach the stage of the complainant being subject to disciplinary procedures. Has the Forum written to the concerned department or to the NCW or otherwise demanded compliance with Vishaka. I think the Forum's intervention is critical at this stage. At present, the department is able to address Ms. kaur in this way because they assume she has no support.

I do think this should be treated on an urgent footing. It is a very valid case in terms of procedure- I have yet to see the full documentation of the complaint and will comment on that afterwards.

NK
(04-03-2012 05:19 PM)admin Wrote:  Unfortunately I could not come out of current tasks. No problem, I've now contacted rajwadhwa25(sent her PM) to get her contact details so that I can myself file RTI application. I'll be posting the progress of RTI application here in this forum.

rajwadhwa25 I'm almost sure that corrupt system has united to punish you, and please don't lose your happiness and health for those sick people. Even if you're getting punished, it is none of your fault in any way.
05-03-2012, 12:46 PM
This forum is run by volunteers who are free to devote their valuable time, there is no compulsion. But as of now, I'm jumping in to file RTI complaints to get all relevant information and post it here very soon.
05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I fully appreciate your constraints. And I also value the effort and time you do devote to these issues. As I am happy to devote my time to this case pro bono, I can only share my concerns as an advocate. Delay always goes against a complainant and I would not like to see the department take advantage of the same.

Will await to hear from you further.

Regards
NK

(05-03-2012 12:46 PM)admin Wrote:  This forum is run by volunteers who are free to devote their valuable time, there is no compulsion. But as of now, I'm jumping in to file RTI complaints to get all relevant information and post it here very soon.
13-03-2012, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 10:33 PM by admin.)

.pdf  Airforce-Sexual-harassment-Chandigarh-RTI-3-Applications.pdf (Size: 37.55 KB / Downloads: 1281) Today I've dispatched three RTI applications asking these questions:

1. Individual conclusions of each member (Includes Capt Priyanka Gahlawat, Capt Pushpa Bhardwaj and Ms. Anuradha Bali) of the committee presided by Ms. Anuradha Bali
    MES-3000328, Dir(Arch)HQ CE Chandigarh Zone with respect to order no. 30954/102/CC/09/EID(I) dated 12 Nov 2010.
  2. Individual conclusions of each member(including Mr. V. K. Gupta, Major Amrit Pal Kaul, Ms. Bimla Devi) of the committee presided by Mr. V. K. Gupta Dir(Design) with respect to order No30954/102/CC/68/EID(I) Dated 2 May 2011.
    1. Copy of show cause notice dated 7th March, 2011 served to Ms. Komalpreet Kaur,Steno (MES-316512) GE(Chandigarh).
    2. Copy of all file notings, along with (clearly mentioned) name of officials which have signed the above mentioned show cause notice , which ultimately led to drafting of show cause notice issued to Ms. Komalpreet Kaur,steno GE(Chandigarh)
    3. The section/rule in which the show cause notice has been served to Ms. Komalpreet Kaur

Here are the dispatch details:
Speedpost on 13/3/12 no:EW236593155IN from Pin code: 248001
containing 3 separate RTI applications with postal orders.
02-04-2012, 01:53 PM

.pdf  RTI-Chandigarh-cut.pdf (Size: 23.21 KB / Downloads: 831) Today I've received the reply of my RTI application and I'm shocked to read the reply.
It looks like some sort of dictatorship in there and some crazy guys running it.

I'm filing 1st Appeal tomorrow itself and I'm sure, I'd get the same reply from there too.
CIC only can help.
20-04-2012, 03:52 PM

.pdf  1st appeal-tr.pdf (Size: 24.76 KB / Downloads: 741) I'm scheduled to send this RTI 1st appeal application tomorrow.
12-05-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 10:38 PM by admin.)
I've got a reply now. The show cause notice is indeed cooked up to threaten, discourage and punish the victim.

Not only the bureaucracy has worked like police but also gone overboard to declare victim as an offender like a judge of Supreme Court.
25-06-2012, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 01:38 PM by admin.)
Sorry I forgot to upload the the answer to my last RTI query plus the sexual harassment notice issued to the victim by her dept.

.pdf  RTI-Reply-sexual-harassment-case.pdf (Size: 45.22 KB / Downloads: 1048)
Thread Closed